Does anyone know how to fix when windows xp just show desktop wallpaper and noth

1. mindprison profile image59
    mindprisonposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know how to fix when windows xp just show desktop wallpaper and nothing else?

mainly this issue arrives when explorer.exe doest not load at windows startup which is responsible for loading all desktop environment previously when I had that issue I just Cnt+Alt+Del and log off the user then everything starts well but now the issue is still unresolved.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I hope you don't have AOL.    Do you have a virus?  You would probably be better off rewording and asking question  in search browser. There you will find people who had same problem.

I will send message  I just sent a couple of links and one to a you tube video.

Some of this crap is actually viruses.

3. Keerthy profile image59
    Keerthyposted 6 years ago

Press on Control +Alt +Delete key, Now you will see a Task Manager. Click on the File Mene and click on New Task, Now you will get a Windows. Inside that window type

explorer.exe
    and press on Ok. It will load the desktop, If that one not working you have to do a XP repair instalation. Follow the steps To Perform a Windows XP repair installation

http://123seminarsonly.com/Tips/007/To- … ation.html

working