jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Advantages of running your blog on blogger for ease in gaining followers?

1. Gatti profile image68
    Gattiposted 6 years ago

Advantages of running your blog on blogger for ease in gaining followers?

Is there an advantage to running your blog on the blogger site in order to be a part of the community or will you be better of running your blog on your own site for the extra freedom?  What I mean to ask is wheather or not having people who are part of blogger be able to easily follow your site is worth it or should I just run an independent site blog.

2. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

I like blogger because it is easy to use and update as well as include AdSense ads in it.  I also feel like there is a lot of freedom, design-wise.  I don't see a lot of bloggers "following" other bloggers.  Usually, people just subscribe to the rss feed or check it often for new posts.  Hope this helps!

3. SPomposello profile image79
    SPomposelloposted 6 years ago

It is possible to have your own custom domain on Blogger, they only cost $10 per year for registration, hosting is free with them. My own site is under Blogger (check the first link in my profile) and I'm happy, I've only had it up since I joined Hubpages a few months ago and now its worth over $170 (not bad for a beginner).

1. rmcleve profile image81
      rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a way of adding SEO descriptions on Blogger if you pay for the year? That's something that's very important to me, but I  love the simplicity of Blogger and Wordpress. Gotta have traffic, though!

4. whizcreed profile image68
    whizcreedposted 6 years ago

Its interesting that I posted about the same topic in one of my hubs today, you can find it at:

http://whizcreed.hubpages.com/hub/how-t … hout-money

The section relevant for you is: If all you need is a blog - Blogger vs Wordpress