jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the advantages of Hosting your blog on Wordpress instead of Blogger?

1. mymagicview profile image73
    mymagicviewposted 6 years ago

What are the advantages of Hosting your blog on Wordpress instead of Blogger?

I have many Blogs which are hosted on Blogger for free. But all the top professional Bloggers are seems to be using Wordpress platform to host their blog. So I am also thinking to move some of my blogs to Wordpress self hosting. The question in my mind is, what would be the advantages of hosting my blogs on Wordpress? I heard that, we can do more customization in Wordpress and it is also good for SEO. Anything else that you want to add into the advantages of Wordpress hosting?

2. Wazman profile image59
    Wazmanposted 6 years ago

Do you mean Wordpress.com,

or hosting your blog on your own domain and then using the Wordpress cms ?

I assume you mean the latter. The advantages are more control, and you can edit server side code (php).

3. jaswinder64 profile image60
    jaswinder64posted 6 years ago

Advantages of Hosting Your blog On Wordpress;

Since 2003  it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day. This is the advantage of hosting your blog on Wordpress instead of Blogger.

4. Greenblood profile image69
    Greenbloodposted 6 years ago

Wordpress gives you better optimization tools. Also you can customize your site in numerous ways using free and premium plugins. I have used both. I started from blogger and feared to change to wordpress. But now I know that self hosted wordpress is the best blogging platform.

5. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

I am on both sides, wordpress and blogger and found out that both are useful different ways...it all depends what you want your site to use for:)

working