jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think is the best laptop to buy? (Bang for your buck)

1. Seek-n-Find profile image89
    Seek-n-Findposted 6 years ago

What do you think is the best laptop to buy?  (Bang for your buck)

I want to spend a little as possible but get the best product I can so that it will last and work well (I spend a LOT of time on my laptop).  What are your suggestions and why?  OR--what would you suggest to avoid and why?

2. charlemont profile image79
    charlemontposted 6 years ago

Processor-wise, I think AMD offers more value for a lower price. E-450 with integrated graphics is found in lower category, but easily handles 1080p videos and office tasks. Not suitable for Photoshop or Autocad though. If more power is required then look for Intel core i3 based laptops.
    You'll have to go with conventional HDD, not SSD because these are expensive.

3. mrfishs profile image59
    mrfishsposted 6 years ago

Hello, Thats like saying I  want a BMW car for Chevy prices, you can find a BMW for Chevy prices in the junk yard however you may not be able to drive it home. I tell my clients make a list of what you want in your laptop, what you wish to do with it, what is the most you are willing to give up if the ideal laptop comes around?
    Toshiba, Sony, HP, Lenovo all make quality products, if you have 3 to 5 hundred dollars. If you are interested in the newest edition of Windows 7 Ultimate, on a Toshiba 15.6 inch screen laptop with a 250 to 500 gigabyte Hard drive, DVD burner, WiFi ,i3 processor or dual core with  1 to 4 gig of memory,A/C adapter , you are going to pay some big bucks. Often you may find a Dell, Acer or Samsung that will do a good job have all the eye candy and cost hundreds less. Then you have to know how to shop, what places to avoid, who will sell you a bill of goods. If I can be of help let me know, send email to edhayes6768@yahoo.com.

4. Craig Suits profile image76
    Craig Suitsposted 6 years ago

Mrfishs is right. Write down what periferals you need if you know then check it out on Ebay. You can get some great deals there and Ebay will back up your purchase...