jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where would you travel to get the most "bang for your buck?"

1. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

Where would you travel to get the most "bang for your buck?"

Only choose places that offer what tourists would consider luxuries.

2. advisor4qb profile image78
    advisor4qbposted 8 years ago

Well, if you aren't from Florida, I would choose the Central Eastern part of the state.  I have written hubs on local travel here.

I would stay away from Key West.  That was the most expensive vacation I ever went on.

Colorado Springs was beautiful and inexpensive as well.  We stayed at a place called the Buffaloe Lodge (see it at http://www.buffalolodge.com/Buffalo_Lodgex.html).  It is close to all of the attractions, actually within walking distance of some pretty spectacular scenery....

Probably shouldn't drink on the way to the summit of Pike's Peak, though.....

3. Aqua profile image80
    Aquaposted 8 years ago

There are many great places to travel to in South America. If you stay out of the big cities, it can be pretty inexpensive and also not crawling with tourists.

4. Miss Travel profile image60
    Miss Travelposted 8 years ago

The cheapest major tourist destinations worldwide would be Egypt and Indonesia.

In Egypt, if you don't mind eating local food and sitting down with Egyptians instead of tourists (and who would mind? The food is excellent and Egyptians are effusively friendly), you don't need to spend more than US$0.50 for a meal.

In Indonesian islands like Bali, you don't have to spend much more than that for food, and you can relax in beautiful family-run beachfront hotels, in a private cottage all your own, for US$10 or less per night if you stay away from the most crowded beaches.

Of course both of these destinations can be as expensive as you make them, if you choose to stay at big-name international hotels and eat (boring) big-name international food. But for the value-conscious traveler who wants luxury on a budget, you can't do better.

5. Emme West profile image54
    Emme Westposted 8 years ago

I agree with Aqua, there are some amazing places in South America to travel for a bargain (like Ecuador). Traveling with a group and/or staying in hostels can reduce costs.

6. Edgeon profile image60
    Edgeonposted 8 years ago

I'll answer with places that I love that are both ridiculously cheap, have a strong travel infrastructure, have lots to do and have beautiful scenery and architecture: Ukraine, Egypt, Thailand, Turkey

working