jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

How often do you click on banner adds while surfing the net?

1. sweetzara profile image80
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

How often do you click on banner adds while surfing the net?

Google adsense pays per clicks. But is anyone clicking on banner adds these days? Or have we grown accustomed to simply ignore them?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5950649_f260.jpg

2. Senoritaa profile image68
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

If something interests me I click it for sure. Sometimes I click on random ads to help out fellow hubbers as well. smile

3. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

I actually never click on Banners or ad's while searching the web, because many are simply just misleading folks to places of dangerous malicious content.  Especially those of unknown origin, and on a site that's known to be malicious in nature itself.

4. Daffitt profile image70
    Daffittposted 6 years ago

Hello Sweetzara,

To be quite honest, I almost never click on adds. Whether banner ads or text ads, especially those double-underlined words in an article. Those are the ones that present annoying, distracting ads that rarely have anything to do with the "real" topic. Perhaps my aversion to these ads is due to the fact that I am a person who uses online marketing to generate income, so I naturally "ignore" ads because I know what they are there for.

In my opinion, I think that if anyone clicks on ads at all, it tends to be either people who are easily duped by deception and marketing tactics, or children who don't have the money to buy anything any way.

If you think about it, the only people who make any money with pat-per-click ads are the companies who place these ads like Google, Facebook, etc. The sad thing is that out of the billions of dollars spent each year on this kind of advertising, the return on investment (ROI) is so low that those who pay for it are just getting ripped off. I know this to be true because I used to pay for ad placement with both Google and Bing, and I ended up spending 10 times as much as I would make.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I don't click on any banner or ad unless it is of interest to me. Senoritaa, if Google detects your clicks a false clicks, you are not helping hubbers or anyone, because google will shut down their adsense account.

6. OldSkoolFool profile image61
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

I rarely click on the banner adds, though I will say that If I am supporting a trusted site, I will occasionally.

7. Rosemay50 profile image80
    Rosemay50posted 6 years ago

I never click on banner adds. All too often these cause some type of problem such as a virus

8. patbess profile image61
    patbessposted 6 years ago

So if nobody is clicking on these ads, how is Google making billions of dollars every year???
    I would really love to get stats on this and understand who exactly is clicking and what is our return on investment when we invest in this

9. jesimpki profile image96
    jesimpkiposted 6 years ago

I use Ad Blocker for Firefox. I've never clicked on ads before I started using it, but now that so many are either annoyingly flashy or play loud audio, its just better to use this.

10. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 6 years ago

Online banner ads and/or text-link adverts are almost as annoying as commercials on television and paid-advertisements on the radio.  Nobody really likes 'em, but they help pay the bills...

11. tonyfischer profile image80
    tonyfischerposted 6 years ago

I am always afraid to click on these adds because I am afraid i will get a virus or something.  However I have clicked on them before if I recognize the company or the information interests me.

12. Alexander Brenner profile image83
    Alexander Brennerposted 6 years ago

Great observation! Somehow I rely on these ads for some revenue but without clicking on any myself. SHHH! Do not tell Hubpages this lest they catch on.

working