What do you like most about the web?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)
  1. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

What do you like most about the web?

Web surfing, research, networking, etc..........  Explain anything you like most about using the Internet today, and maybe even share your take on the difference from using it like 5-10 years back if you wish.

2. usenetreviewz profile image59
    usenetreviewzposted 12 years ago

The freedom that our Congress and the Entertainment industry are threatening to take away through laws like SOPA and PROTECT IP. With censorship starting to get a full head of steam up, it's inevitable that our journalistic freedoms will slowly be taken away though...sadly.

3. sweetzara profile image75
    sweetzaraposted 12 years ago

I like the fact that practically every kind of information is at ur finger tips thanks to the net. This makes researching easy and one wonders how people managed before the Internet.

4. StephanieBCrosby profile image81
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 12 years ago

That I can work and study from home so I can raise my children from home during their formative years. While the web does not necessarily make things easier, it does make them possible. So opportunities that would not be an option before are not available for people like me that want to do it all!

5. toys-everywhere profile image60
    toys-everywhereposted 12 years ago

I appreciate its ease of use... and the speed with which we can use it today,... it wasn't half as fast in the early 2000's! I remember putting a page to load, and then going into the kitchen to get a snack and maybe get something else done, and coming back to find the page still loading! But at least it wasn't stressful, like nowadays, because I expected it to be horrendously slow. Being homeschooled (and an uber nerd), I do appreciate the wealth of information we have access to now as well.

6. Superjonesable profile image61
    Superjonesableposted 12 years ago

I love the anonymity of the internet, I love that we can get on here and be as free as possible without worry of undue judgment.

The sad thing is that this could change soon with that bill that is going to allow the internet to be censored via governmental control. SOPA is what it is called and it is under the false name "Stop Online Piracy Act". We all know it wont stop piracy and all it is going to do is take away more of our online privacy.

Sickening to me, but perhaps we can show enough frustration about this to keep them from passing it.

-SJ
    www.superjonesable.com

7. sprobin profile image58
    sprobinposted 12 years ago

I like in the web every thing which help me ..specially i like technology content

8. indianTechnocracy profile image40
    indianTechnocracyposted 12 years ago

I like surfing latest technology and sports related news.And I also like to take information which is purely conceptual,so that I wont need to read it by going to library or buying a book.

9. Shuting Star profile image60
    Shuting Starposted 12 years ago

I spend almost 8-10 hours a day on internet.It has surly revolutionized our lives.I use it for news,research,entertainment,money making and for lots of other stuff.And of course,to remain in touch with my friends.

10. lifeintoronto profile image60
    lifeintorontoposted 12 years ago

I like it because there's so much information that there is no limit to what you can learn here and how far your horizon can expand. I can only imagine how smart the next generations can grow up if they start learning while they are still kids (if they read and learn on the internet, and not just play games).

Oh and also with the web you can cheat when solving crossword puzzles! (J/K)

11. Cat R profile image69
    Cat Rposted 12 years ago

The unlimited options of finding things or staying in contact with people I care for despite long distances!

12. proactrdv profile image61
    proactrdvposted 12 years ago

There is nothing wrong with the web itself. Its the misuse of it that causes problems. Its just like a car. people have done wrong things with cars and even guns but the guns or cars themselves have no mind of their own. Its man that causes problems.

13. SherryDigital profile image59
    SherryDigitalposted 12 years ago

Ffffound.com and GoogleEarth.

Also, video chatting with friends all over the world.

14. BfoBarney profile image60
    BfoBarneyposted 12 years ago

The ability to communicate with the world! I would be lost without my fellow online peers...

5 years ago I was running on a internet plan with about 25 KBps, made me want to tear my hair out.

15. profile image57
    Starwriterrocksposted 12 years ago

I would have to say  youtube because i'm on it my channel name is nishynashy and i love comments that's the best part to me when a fan does a happy good comment about my videos or my whole production alltogther i'm over joiced so i'd have to say youtube is my favorite site.

16. Infobrowser profile image73
    Infobrowserposted 12 years ago

Freedom of information and endless opportunity!

17. Mikelikesu1954 profile image59
    Mikelikesu1954posted 12 years ago

Free access to information, communication, knowledge, entertainment and social networks at work, home or where ever you can get online. Making the most out of your questions or your quests. Making ignorance a momentary lapse on your way to expanding your knowledge. Vast supply of knowledge at your fingertips to expand your own horizons. Incredibly, the most useful resource ever by far and growing daily is the web.

18. MartyCT profile image60
    MartyCTposted 12 years ago

Everything is a mouse click away, my surf report (beats driving down to the beach 30mins away from me like it was done back in the day just to get there and its flat.), if I'm sick I can buy groceries and have them delivered to my door, and if there is a dvd or game I really want but can't find, I just buy it online!

Not to mention great communities like this one, full of knowledge and advice, its just awesome!

19. bluemun profile image58
    bluemunposted 12 years ago

I like most about web is that it acts as information provider. You can find anything on web related to anything.

20. Capedium profile image71
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

It think it is a good thing..
    We have the entire world right in front of us
    is we look

21. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 12 years ago

Internet is an amazing tool if used right. It can benefit people's lives in so many ways. It's great for learning, studying, research, job search, quick shopping, paying bills, interacting with others, online business opportunities etc. Although at the same time we need to make sure we balance our lives right way, so that we enjoy other things life has to offer, such values as spending enough time with family and friends.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)