jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which is the best free email service provider & why ?

1. manu6076 profile image74
    manu6076posted 6 years ago

Which is the best free email service provider & why ?

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

I dont have much experience but I have always used hotmail and never had any complaints. I have had problems sending messages to gmail accounts, sometimes they reject incoming messages so you cant get through but hotmail seems to have the filter system right.

3. Brittainia profile image60
    Brittainiaposted 6 years ago

I was a hotmail user for several years, but I switched to gmail because you can use one account to access free email, create documents and presentations, create calendars, and more. They have a huge list of tools you can look at. I haven't had too many issues with hotmail, but they just don't offer as much. If you are simply looking for just an email service provider, hotmail would be a fine choice, but if you want more tools and capabilities, then gmail is the way to go.

4. whizcreed profile image67
    whizcreedposted 6 years ago

My suggestion would be Google Mail or Gmail. I have been with gmail for a long time and I have seen it grow to tremendous heights. Gmail has grown into a perfect web based client, become as good as outlook and in some cases even surpassing in functionality.

Earlier I have been a user of Hotmail which used to have an inbox limit of 10mb! I am sure that is not the case now, thanks to all the competition by Gmail on offering gigabytes of capacity for your inbox.

I have also used Yahoo Mail which terminated my account a couple of times when I failed to login once every month or whatever duration they had decided back then. I am sure that has changed as well.

But the whole point is that can you reply on services which come from such a background.

Gmail was the first service which allowed you to integrate your pop mail accounts and import emails from existing accounts with other service providers. You are also able to map your other email accounts and while composing emails send emails from that account.

There have been many doubts about so many people depending on Google for so many things. What if it goes paid all just for suddenly? What if Google sells our data to someone?

Well I feel that Google is in high capacity of delivering the same standards in an ongoing manner which I have failed to see in other service providers.

However, in my recent travels I came across many travelers and surprisingly none of them had a gmail account and hotmail seemed a more popular choice with Britishers.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I have used yahoo, hotmail and gmail.  I get hundreds of junk mail through hot mail every day. There is not spam button, you just send it to junk mail folder and delete it like you do trash.  I find hotmail annoying and only use it for payment accounts I have through hotmail.   I will stick to Gmail.  Yahoo mail acts up too much.

6. Frankracetteconsu profile image59
    Frankracetteconsuposted 6 years ago

Gmail obviously ! Love my gmail smile because of the apps !

working