jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What can I use to record myself singing and playing acoustic guitar

1. charliegrumples profile image44
    charliegrumplesposted 6 years ago

What can I use to record myself singing and  playing acoustic guitar

I'm not looking for top quality here .. basically I sometimes write songs and can't remember the tune the next day .. I'm a newbie too at it, which doesn't help. Free or cheap please

2. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 6 years ago

Cubase is the program I use, and you would need a mixer and a microphone.   If the accoustic can be plugged in to the mixer, then you could skip the microphone for recording the guitar tracks.

3. JoshuaThePost profile image60
    JoshuaThePostposted 6 years ago

I'm a musician myself and greatly support your desire to record yourself for later playback . . . I would say anything you can get your hands on, don't lose your material! I have been there and done that. Most cell phones have a record function, although playback will be poor in quality, but at least it is not lost. I wrote many songs recording on a boom box back in the day.

Once you get bored with that and need a better option for digital software or means to mix multi-tracks send me a message ... I can help send you in the right direction.

4. charliegrumples profile image44
    charliegrumplesposted 6 years ago

Thanks both .. I think for now, I'm looking low tech ,, it really is just a memory refresher as much as anything .. unfortunately my phone is very poor quality so not an option ... been looking on amazon and I reckon a £15 cassette recorder will do what I want  for now .. though will look at cubase later definitely ..

thanks

5. profile image79
    purexposted 5 years ago

Pick up a little Zoom Digital recorder. They're actually brilliant quality with fairly decent mics in them. Zoom H1 will be something like $100. Perfect for having a decent quality recorder where can just hit record and get going and transfer it to your computer. 

There's actually a big range of them, and I couldn't vouch for any one in particular as I've not tried them all, but I've used the Tascam DR2 before and it's sounded excellent, excellent for recording a jam with other acoustic instruments.

working