jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you or anyone you know NOT have a Facebook or Twitter nowadays because they c

1. iiimusicfreak27 profile image59
    iiimusicfreak27posted 6 years ago

Do you or anyone you know NOT have a Facebook or Twitter nowadays because they choose not to?

Everyone nowadays has a Facebook or Twitter -- myself included.
    So who doesn't?

2. Brainy Bunny profile image96
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

I have chosen not to have a Facebook account because it is a huge time suck. I have a hard enough time staying focused without having endless opportunities to check out old friends and navel-gaze. I also don't have a Twitter account, but that's more because I just don't feel I need to broadcast every little thing about myself to everyone I know.

3. katedonavon profile image75
    katedonavonposted 6 years ago

I don't have either a Facebook or Twitter account. I guess because "everyone" else has one, I don't want to. I did join Pinterest and I had to sign up with one or the other so I could join, so I had a Twitter account for about ten minutes but canceled it as soon as I was confirmed as a user of Pinterest. My husband thinks I'm just reactionary. But I'd rather spend my time on HubPages.

4. lukeuk profile image70
    lukeukposted 6 years ago

I have never used a FB account and never will. I use twitter but am now throttling back on it as I think it can have a damaging impact on one's social life.

5. marywanders profile image83
    marywandersposted 6 years ago

yes less than half my friends use any thing other than e-mail, some don't/won't use a computer and I have a few that won't use/have a cell phone.

6. kschang profile image88
    kschangposted 6 years ago

I don't. I have a Twitter account that I don't ever use. I don't have a Facebook account at all.

7. Gareth Pritchard profile image86
    Gareth Pritchardposted 6 years ago

Yes I know lots of people who don't have any FB or Twit, I do FB but it is only so I can have an input with a band who I have fun with, it is just so they can keep the account open as some of em are mad and could get booted out at anytime because they don't do rules very well and I do, as I don't use it hardly.

8. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

I don't have a personal facebook or twitter account and I never have.  I only operate a FB account for my business, but there's nothing that ties me to it personally.

The last thing I want is people all up in my personal business, and honestly, I couldn't care less about the minutia of most strangers' personal business.  I love my privacy!

9. gallardoblend profile image59
    gallardoblendposted 6 years ago

I know people who have a Facebook but rarely use it. As for twitter... I don't have it and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything incredibly spectacular. But I may try it out sometime just to know what it's like.

10. RustyRubySlippers profile image61
    RustyRubySlippersposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have a few friends who refuse to have a facebook or Twitter account. Why? Well the reasons are numerous but the general feeling is that they would rather not spend the time on the computer.  I felt the same way when I was full time working at a University.  My facebook account was part of my communication with students and I was not interested in letting it spill over into my personal life. It was a platform by which to communicate -

NOW I can't imagine living without it - but now I live 2000 miles away from my family and friends and my life took a radical turn making me a housewife and mother of 3 kids!  Now I choose to keep my family and friends informed of my life through Facebook.  It really all depends on a persons base personality - I happen to be an extrovert so posting my daily little quirks for the world to see doesn't bother me smile

As for Twitter - I just don't see the need

11. mvaivata profile image61
    mvaivataposted 6 years ago

Yes, about 80% of my "close and personals" don't have accounts on either of those websites.  In fact, it wasn't until about a month ago that I got a Facebook page... I only have two friends. Haha.

working