jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I do not understand this unfollow system and it does not seem too friendly much

1. gardengrowmadeezy profile image60
    gardengrowmadeezyposted 6 years ago

I do not understand this unfollow system and it does not seem too friendly much less encouraging to

a new hubber such as myself. Reading sites asking if HubPages is a scam does not help either for me. Seriously, I am very new to this and working my butt off to try to produce quality writing with the goal of earning a living. Now I am really concerned reading the 'scam' sites AND my having a 3UNFOLLOW on my Hub  Am I wasting my time? please help, thank you

2. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

The number of follower doesn't matter at all. All that matters is the traffic you get from search engines or wherever. If you get followers well and good otherwise don't worry - in time you will.

3. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

You only joined 6 days ago so you need to get some perspective here.  Followers, money etc come over time and there are a lot of steps to hubbing successfully.  I would read the learning materials here all the way through.  Search for hubs on how to best monetize and gain followers.  If you've only been here for less than a week you can't expect to see money and tons of followers rolling in yet. 

Writing hubs takes TIME and a lot of patience and persistence.  The longer your hubs are published the more traffic you will get and followers as well. 

As for "unfollow" - it has a purpose.  Say you are following a hub and it's getting hundreds of comments.  You don't want to get email alerts after awhile so you can click the "stop following this hub" link in your email. 

You also have the ability to not follow other hubbers anymore.  Say a particular hubber does something offensive and you were following them - you have the ability to not follow them anymore which is a good thing. 

People who scream that HubPages is a scam are the ones who, in my mind, didn't try hard enough or wanted easy money for no work or effort.  That isn't how it works. 

Keep working at it and keep learning the system here.  There are plenty of us who use HubPages successfully and you can too if you are patient with it.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It means you have 3 followers...yourself included. The unfollow means that if anyone wants to unfollow you they can click that button.  Besides, the number of followers you have does not necessary mean you will earn more money, it is mainly an internal thing. You want to get traffic from the search engines.

5. brakel2 profile image82
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

Read all u can in learning center and FAQ. Learn several new items every day about the site. Read articles about SEO a few at a time. Have your hubs evaluated. Don't worry about followers in the beginning. Pick topics that hold interest and write good content. Do research as needed for articles. Good luck.

working