What is one thing you can do to improve the speed of your computer?
Help! My computer is painfully slow. I have already run a defrag. Any quick tips to share?
There can be many reasons.. You can have your computer slow because of virus too and to prevent virus you can only have follow some basic step.. you can read my article for that..
http://ap100.hubpages.com/hub/Keep-Your … Virus-Free
About increasing speed...
1. Better you uninstall unwanted softwares and free your memory.
2. Press windows+R button to open run.. Write 'msconfig' in it and press ok. you will get systemconfig window.. from tabs select 'startup' and unchecked program which you don't want to run on your starting of windows... This will speed up your computer speed.
3. Similarly write 'temp' and '%temp%' one by one and press ok... you will get new folder from which just delete all temp files which can free your memory and improve your computer speed.
4. if you are using windows 7... than it is possible that you having low ram and because of that you are getting low speed... Just from the theme option select the low graphics theme because windows 7 themes need more RAM to run and even you having more RAM if you will choose normal and basic graphics your computer speed will improve..
Hope some of them will work for you.. Bye
Mine was and is still pretty slow. But one thing is getting rid of all those tool bars at the top of the internet page. Google, Bing, etc. I got rid of the three I had and my internet started going a bit faster. There are some virus' I need to get rid of to really improve the pace, but so far this is all I can afford cause it is free.
Thank you ap100 and lburmaster. I am off to try your suggestions!
One of the most beneficial things you can do for the speed of your computer, aside from running a defrag, is to make sure your computer is free of viruses and spyware. Antivirus software can get pretty expensive, but there are quite a few free antivirus programs floating around on the internet. Perhaps one of those can help solve your problem. Also, as mentioned by some of the other hubbers, you can try clearing your computer of any unnecessary files and programs. A painfully slow computer is one of the most frustrating things you can deal with, perhaps a close second to standing in line at the dmv. Good luck!
You should clean out all of the cookies and history, also disable ad ons which will increase it's speed. Also if you are starting to think it's not your computer then it could be your service provider, you should give them a call just in case. Good luck Laura I hope you get everything figured out:)
Ok, there are several reasons for your computer being slow.
1. your RAM (RAM) might be less.
2. lot of unwanted programs running background. Right click on the taskbar and click on Task Manager, then end the unwanted programs.
3. Lots of temporary files in your hard drive. Go to my computer right click on the c drive and go to properties. Then click on the "Disk Cleanup".
If you can let me know the make and model of your computer, I might be able to help you even better.
by jamesroy11143 5 years ago
What do you do when your internet speed become slow down?
by Annemari 6 years ago
What is your favorite computer brand ?How wonderful it is and why?
by PhoenixV 6 years ago
What Are Your Best Tips For A Faster Internet Or Faster Computer?I am always looking for tips on how to speed up my computer or have faster speed on the internet. Whether it is different browsers to basic computer maintenance. What are your best tips for a faster computer?
by Brett C 7 years ago
How can I clean up and speed up my Windows PC for free?I'm looking for free software that can fully clean Windows to being like a new system again. Or, a collection of free software that can be combined to do the same job ...
by Rachel L Alba 3 years ago
Does anyone know why Internet Explorer has stopped working? My daughter's computer says the same,I can't use it anymore, boxes keep popping up saying it stopped working. My daughter's computer does the same thing.
by Tim Martin 8 years ago
What is a good computer to buy to play Civ 5?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|