jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you deal with trolls?

1. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

How do you deal with trolls?

I have encountered so many cyber trolls, how do you deal with them?

2. Brandon Spaulding profile image55
    Brandon Spauldingposted 6 years ago

Keep doing what you want to do regardless of others actions or opinions.

3. Cameron Corniuk profile image89
    Cameron Corniukposted 6 years ago

I haven't run into them here. I really believe that's a credit to the moderators and the community. It's just not accepted in any way, shape or form. On other forums, I see them often. Sometimes, it is interesting to watch the train wreck. It's disturbing to see less mature and developed online arenas where even the moderators will give in to their baser instincts and join in flame wars and such.

Having said that, I just stay clear of them. I haven't had one post on my info here. When they do elsewhere, I ignore them. Well, I call out the fact that their inability to post constructively is not why the rest of us here, and then I ignore them. I may remove their comments, pending on my permissions. If I ran into here, I might do the same. At the same time, because of the response here, I'd probably just go ahead and flag it as well. My problem is with the spam comments. I have to go through and delete them every so often and flag it, but often the account is already disabled by the time I bother to waste any time or energy on it.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I haven't had any problems, but I would ignore them. It isn't much fun for them if they can't get a rise out of you.  I would stay away from sites where you encounter them for a little while.  Report those that you can - but otherwise totally act like they do not exist and deny them the satisfaction of thinking that they got to you.

5. Sunshine625 profile image92
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

I've encountered  a few. I actually appreciate them since they give me more drive, motivation and determination to keep on being me and even better. Great question!

6. CorinneCanada profile image61
    CorinneCanadaposted 6 years ago

Take your knight e-sword and cut them in half...

7. Alex Powers profile image60
    Alex Powersposted 6 years ago

Don't feed the trolls smile Like Duffsmom says most of these trolls just want to start an argument and aren't going to stick around if you ignore them, and that goes pretty much anywhere on the web. Also on Hub articles you can set it so you have to approve comments first before they are posted, so that is a good way to keep them away from your articles.

8. inevitablesecrets profile image72
    inevitablesecretsposted 6 years ago

I was just thinking this morning that this site doesn't seem to have that problem that I have seen so far but on YouTube I just ignore it.  If someone is going to waste their time calling me a names or saying my stuff is crap that's their problem, I just laugh it off.

9. datavirtue profile image56
    datavirtueposted 6 years ago

Trolling is a fine art. An expert troll is nearly undetectable and can draw the ire out of anyone. There is no defense for an experienced troll. A good one can easily dominate any forum (comments).