jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How would you deal with these people?

1. FlowOfThought profile image60
    FlowOfThoughtposted 5 years ago

How would you deal with these people?

In having conversations with people here, a number of them give up on an actual conversation, and start resorting to personal attacks, and things of that nature. Now, I have just been ignoring them, but as trolls do, they tend to keep coming back, normally I would fire back, but I fear for my hubs getting maliciously voted down, and as a result making my page look bad.

2. JamaGenee profile image83
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Long-time hubbers usually just ignore trolls and their inflammatory comments, which are only made to get the type of response that would result in the scenario you describe, that of having your hub voted down by the troll and his/her cronies.

If a particular troll (or troll group) is specifically targeting your hub or hubs, feel free to make a complaint to the HP Team, who have the option to block access from the person or persons.

However, YOU have the option of permanently deleting comments from trolls without having to make a formal complaint, and there's NO need to feel guilty when doing so since they aren't left to foster or enhance real discussion on your hub.

3. FitnezzJim profile image82
    FitnezzJimposted 5 years ago

In the time I've been on here, I've noted that Hubber Ghost32 seems to have a really good approach to dealing with those you describe.  He'll usually allow a comment like that from someone once, but with a warning that future comments of that sort will be deleted.  If the commenter crosses Hubs (he writes a lot), he'll sometimes delete the first occurrence on a Hub, again with a warning about it, and invite the more intelligent discourse that many of us here seek.
    If my recall is correct, Hubber Cardisa offers advice on a number of different topics like this.  As a HubPage Elite, I expect the advice she offers will be consistent with policies for the site.
    Ultimately though, how you handle it is mostly your choice, and will become part of who you are and how you're perceived within the HubPage community.

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

I find this tactic used by the left here alot. Then they go & vote your hubs down. I delete any attacks against my commenters.

5. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 5 years ago

these are words on a computer and you can always make other hubs. this is for telling you view  on subject and I can't tell you to not taking getting voted down seriously for certain kind of people are going to vote you down any way so just don't let people that chances are YOU NEVER GOING TO MEET ruin you day.

6. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Are you talking trolls? They have hubs. If you are talking renegade avatars that hop around or lay in wait to catch the unsuspecting with their sticky tongues, those are forum frogs. I don't know what you do in Washington, but in Florida . . . we like to go frog gigging and make a meal of them.

7. Keith Engel profile image77
    Keith Engelposted 5 years ago

If this is a concern you always have the option of turning comments off as well.

8. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

If you don't want to fire back and don't want their comments littering your hub, you should delete them. You should not feel bullied into taking what the trolls need not dish. Speak your mind to them if you choose.

working