jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

The date on my computer said April 26, 2012.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

The date on my computer said April 26, 2012.

What would cause the date to switch to a date 2 months in advance?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

heck I don't know.

I sometimes get into a fog of wonder where I'm in oz and ....I either tear up my computer or jack up all the settings.

You might ought to run a system restore to back about a week to a month, and if that doesn't work, then you need to restart with an F2 held down so that you can get into the set up menu and change the time and date to where it should be.

3. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

* Faulty CMOS or BIOS chip/battery
    * Power surge or outage
    * Virus or some other (malicious) software
    * You by accident

4. cheatlierepeat profile image86
    cheatlierepeatposted 6 years ago

When I go into my calendar to look up something that's happening at a later date (as in skip ahead days or months) I notice if I don't go back to todays date before I leave that it will remain on that date and reflect that date on the bottom right side of my computer. Click on the date and see if thats when your calendar was last viewed, if yes, go back to todays date on the calendar. Lots os rambling, hope I made sense!

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I don't know, probably your computer is going wrong or you've clicked something without realising.

6. Java Programs profile image60
    Java Programsposted 6 years ago

Its could be due to virus or you have not properly applied date time correctly. It can also happen that you have set it to that time incorrectly .... check it ....

7. Snurre profile image72
    Snurreposted 6 years ago

Unless you've accidentally switched the date yourself (happens to me), it might be just a glitch. They happen, you know. It could be a virus, but that's highly unlikely. Nevertheless, run a scan with Malwarebytes (free, just google it).

8. inhalten profile image60
    inhaltenposted 6 years ago

acer aspire 5100 series Cheap laptop Accu'S, High Quality.acer aspire 5100 series batterij and adapters, 30 dagen niet goed, geld terug garantie. http://www.accukorting.com/acer-aspire-5100-series.html

9. mightylearning profile image81
    mightylearningposted 6 years ago

Sometimes system date time might change automatically, probably due to virus or it might be a glitch . Just change the date and see and if it repeats re-install your OS.