jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox - Which Browser Do You Prefer to Use and Why?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox - Which Browser Do You Prefer to Use and Why?

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I use FF for any work on HP and most other uses as well.  I very occasionally use IE.  I figure Google already knows too much about me to feel comfortable using Chrome.

3. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

I like Google Chrome because its so fast and slick compared to Internet Explorer.

4. Dale Hyde profile image84
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

Google Chrome is the sleekest and fastest, but there are issues with Windows 7 and Google Chrome that come up from time to time.  Support for those issues is not there from the folks at Google Chrome. I still use Chrome over Mozilla as it works best for me.

Any browser will track your activity unless you use a Tor browser.  Google makes it public that they are tracking your every move, the others just remain somewhat silent about that activity, lol.

5. petersavage profile image60
    petersavageposted 6 years ago

I use Firefox because it has the best addon support.

6. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

I use Mozilla Firefox because most of the clients I write for insist on that browser as they say that Chrome causes hidden formatting issues with their publishing platform. I have no personal experience with Chrome to confirm or deny that statement; I'm just repeating what I was told:)

7. WannaB Writer profile image93
    WannaB Writerposted 6 years ago

I used to use Firefox, but was having constant problems with scripts running that I couldn't see until a notice would finally pop up giving me the choice of stopping the script or letting it run. I never knew which scripts they were. Even though I liked some of the add-ons, I don't use FF much anymore on the Apple side of my MAC. I still use it on the Windows 7 which I run on VMWare Fusion. I've about given up on IE. It shuts down almost as soon as I open it.

On my MAC operating system, I have found Chrome easier to use and more stable that Safari. I occasionally use Safari if Chrome does decide to act up. I also like the way Chrome makes it easier to access all my Google sites. I use Docs, Analytics, Google+ and YouTube.

8. Bills Place profile image84
    Bills Placeposted 6 years ago

I use FF and have for years. I used to use IE and kept having issues, pop-ups, etc. I switched to FF around the same time it came out and have since had very little pop-ups or other issues. Plus I love the optional add-on features.

I still use IE from time to time (if a site does not support FF for example). I tried Chrome, never really could get used to the design myself.