jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is someone watching you when you use the internet?

1. Wise Words profile image39
    Wise Wordsposted 6 years ago

Is someone watching you when you use the internet?

2. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

I don't know. I have got nothing to hide.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Do you mean in the universal Big Brother sense, or is someone in my family watching me. 

I have no one at home that is interested in what I am doing online, but whether our server or "someone" watches what I do--I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

4. profile image0
    shahirslmn87posted 6 years ago

Google is collecting our information from different services they are providing to us. They are saving the nature of our Searches, videos we watch in YouTube, places we search in Google Maps. With Google's controversial new privacy policy now in effect, it is believed that they are selling your personal data to others.

While the company insists it isn't selling your personal data to others or "collecting any new data," most of the criticism over the new policy boils down to concerns over how Google is handling the personal information it is collecting. Those concerns range from whether consumers are adequately informed about the specific personal information and access rights they're surrendering when they use Google's services, to the implications of Google's richer data profiles — particularly as they relate to hacking and identity theft.

Lately, Mozilla, the maker of Firefox, has unveiled a new add-on for the popular web browser that gives users an instant view of which companies are "watching" them as they browse, just to block Google from this fraudulent behavior.

So, after all these controversies taking place in the internet world now a days, the actual question should be "Who is watching you when you use internet?". Only Google or some companies looking to promote their goods.

5. vbulletinskins profile image58
    vbulletinskinsposted 6 years ago

Of course. Search engines and browsers are.

Google, yahoo, and bing watch what you search and how/when you search for it.

Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, etc. are web browsers and have access to every site you've visited.

For instance, sites like alexa.com use this gathered information to calculate which websites in the world are the most visited. (How else would they be able to tell)