jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What precautions do you take for internet privacy?

1. BWD316 profile image85
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

What precautions do you take for internet privacy?

with recent accusations of Google's  tracking cookies and constant updates to Facebook privacy settings, what methods do you use to insure your privacy while online?

2. Tricia1000 profile image71
    Tricia1000posted 6 years ago

It is not always a good thing to have your web history publicly available.  I have a Google account and disabled my web history there.  You can do it by logging into your Google account, go to your account settings and choose to pause your web history.  I prefer not to have a Facebook account due to too many privacy issues.  One has to be very careful on social networking sites, because your activities there are available on the Internet for a very long time.  I use Twitter and Tumblr but am very careful about what I say or do there.

3. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

The universal method that works best is to not upload my whole life online. This way i have nothing of value to protect and if there is a breach somewhere i can live with it.

4. Jared Zane Kessie profile image93
    Jared Zane Kessieposted 6 years ago

There are some instances where I regret using my real name on a site and have recently started using usernames that have nothing to do with my real name.

Like Tricia, I too turn off the Google feature of tracking my web history.

5. The Marker profile image60
    The Markerposted 6 years ago

I do not share private information publicly. I only sign up with my real personal info on select trusted sites.

working