jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Facebook and other socail networks hurting our kids and why?

1. oldersister profile image81
    oldersisterposted 5 years ago

Is Facebook and other socail networks hurting our kids and why?

2. ramkimeena profile image59
    ramkimeenaposted 5 years ago

They are very much hurting the kids more than the adults. Kids become addictive to these  networks and stop thinking constructively. They do not do their home  works. They do not read school lessons. They pick up bad company and ultimately end up as  trash in life.

3. dappledesigns profile image91
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

I think as far as hurting the kids with the skill of communication - yes. Not targeting just social media, but this also includes text messages, forums and emails. If I ever turned in anything written that included things like "u" for "you" and the wrong use of "there, their and they're"... the paper would fail. Today, people aren't held accountable for their communication skills, and you find more than anything that it is normal for people to spend time deciphering the emails from others. Communication is the key to being successful in the working world, and this is one reason (out of many) that social media and networks are hurting kids.

Of course cyber bullying, the immediate access to whatever you want without the skill to sort what is real and the inappropriate content that is delivered within seconds are also reasons social networks are hurting the kids - but that would turn this answer into a thesis paper.

4. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

I believe that the future is scary as a result of social networking.  I wrote a hub about my fears and what I have seen from working with teens for 18 years.

5. taw2012 profile image59
    taw2012posted 5 years ago

Yes because these sites have started to become addictive for their children. More over children has lost interest in outdoor games and other activities and rather prefer social network games which affects their health.