Did we have to be more organised before mobile technology?

1. swb64 profile image60
    swb64posted 6 years ago

Did we have to be more organised before mobile technology?

These times we can track and follow anyone for any kind of meeting, so, does that allow us to now be more slack in keeping with arranged times as per lets say prior to 1995-ish... Are we lazy in time keeping?

2. MazioCreate profile image73
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

I can remember the catch cry when computers were first hitting the market, "We'll have a paperless society."  This outcome was to make all workers lives far more manageable because there would be no duplication of tasks etc.  Do we have a paperless society? No, is the answer, and no is also the answer to your question. 

I found it easier to be more organised prior to the onslaught of technology / social media because there were fewer distractions. 
    - You didn't need to spend an inordinate amount of time on trawling through emails.
    - Co-workers actually got out of their office chair and walked the 3+ steps to your desk to discuss issues, not send an email or text message for you to answer ASAP.
    - You could driving to or from work, or any other place, without having to pull over to answer a call, thus setting back your time allocation.
    - To actually find information you had a limited number of books / journals to consult, whereas if on the internet you can go off on a tangent that may not be related to the topic at hand.

No life was very easy to manage and you actually had time to yourself. Would I give up the mobile/cell phone and iPad? No!