Why did God embrace racial bias and condone slavery?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (82 posts)
  1. Ivan Tod profile image60
    Ivan Todposted 7 years ago

Why did God embrace racial bias and condone slavery?

2. Ivan Tod profile image60
    Ivan Todposted 7 years ago

To Kiss andTales and any others who may have answered, I'm sorry but I accidentally deleted your answers. Typical newbie mistake! I did read it however and was quite amused by it. I must say though, that what I presented was actually a question. Gods discriminatory patterns are rampant in the bible therefore bidding the question of why? I know that people don't like their god to be put under a microscope but in light of all the racism and bias in the world today I think it prudent of a civilized people to at least try and find it's origin. Since god was apparently here first and then created us that any bias or racism in the world today originated with him. As far as slavery goes, god actually tells us how to treat slaves. Which in my estimate shows that he condones it.
    For example; if you damage your neighbors slave monetary compensation is in order. If you kill one you can either replace it with another or pay the market value of the one you killed. So, as my question asks; Why does god condone such anti-social behaviour?
    Please feel free to answer. I promise I won't delete anymore comments!

1. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eric the answer is straight forward is human error !
      At this time in life we all was suppose to be in paradise living forever , But Adam and Eve betrayed that opportunity them and us. What we see in the bible is exactly how man has lived under Sin.

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The metaphor of "slavery" is "anyone lesser than self" - RESPECT or "Love neighbor as thyself!"  GOD KNEW from the beginning HE would eventually show us to have  "No respect of persons" (Rm 2:11) as long they are HIS PEOPLE (Gal3:28) or "IN CHRIST!"

3. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Tod this is a very fine question. What is up with all that killing and mayhem and brutalizing folks because the are a different race/tribe. Women, children and "lessor" men were sanctimoniously trashed in the Old Testament and some even directly by God's hand. From what we read God instructed that genocide be done - simply for dishonoring Him.

How can one possibly justify such horrific acts by a God who in the New Testament is called Love?
    My favorite are the "Bible Toters" that come up with human scripture based defense and evidence. Like we used to say in the '90's - Whatever!!! Did that go out with "what's up" and your fingers on your forehead in the shape of an L? Oh boy, if those went out of style in less than 3 decades, what are we going to do with 2016 years, or however you count it, give a thousand years here and there.

Here is your bottom line from a genius. Much schooling including a doctorate and yada yada yada and a retired preacher. Dad of four and sailor of the cosmos. Did a bit of time in Tibet and quite a lot in Navajo sweat lodges. That Christian path in Spain/Basque area where we greeted Ultreya and for sure some time in the Greek and Latin tomes of the Vatican. I really do not buy the Mormon rap. If you take Buddhism to find a God you really do not get it -- it is about finding your place, not God's. Shinto and Islam have a lot to offer, but just like our quandary above we get so much of a dose of hate, we must accept man interfered with God's direct message.
    There is an Inuit following I like -- kind of meditation mixed with naturally opening your heart to the heavens. Alaska is cool and for me Heaven was Jesus's hand touching mine. I have no clue nor any care if you reach a worldly Nirvana and call it Christ. I have never been even for one nano second been called to convert. Those poor dogs who have, I would rather clean toilets. Like walking streets and knocking on doors -- or like our gal here who I would not have watch even my adult children.
    So I am about done,,,, sorry way too long.
    You see that above? I threw in some totally silly earthly qualifications of mine. Damn, a lifetime of searching to one avail. I do not know crap about God. My wife who has not even read the entire Bible, and my elder son who graduated from a great University with some divinity laugh at me for trying to find answers that do not exist.
    Your question is fantastic     because it has no answer. Ask an Atheist for answers.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61

Eric we arrived on this planet not by man's will but God .he has all the answers . People just substitute another choice of their own.  Jesus always answered questions and taught based on his experiences with his Father.
      The is Adam and Eve betraye

2. Ivan Tod profile image60
      Ivan Todposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I believe the answers do exist Eric and as such I can't simply let them lie hidden in the "god works in mysterious ways" column of questions unanswered.

3. Kiss andTales profile image61

Eric this is a new account probably under a restricted person who causes trouble.
      I will not answer here anymore or any other new accounts the game is over

4. Ivan Tod profile image60

Kiss andtales, I'm sorry you feel that way. If I am restricted I'm unaware of it. Cognitive dissonance is a mother! Anyway, there are no games going on here just viable questions that some folks don't like asked. Thank you for your replies.

5. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nope, Tod, you want God under your microscope like so many particles. Maybe you are OK in your science world but you totally miss the bigger picture. Live in a Petre dish but do not fit me inside that narrow parameter, my mind is larger.

6. Ivan Tod profile image60

Petre dish or church pew, it all amounts to the same thing...that we believe what we believe regardless of evidence to the contrary. I was curious as to why god, in all his omnipotence thinks it's o.k. to own slaves and be racist. Silly me...

7. Ericdierker profile image45

Tod good man, if you really have to ask then where are we? Give that wondrous thing called love a half a chance. Maybe you just want to question and dissect but your answers will not come except through loving others.

8. Ivan Tod profile image60

Eric Dierker wrote; "Tod good man, if you really have to ask then where are we?". That sounds like one of those "it's not ours to question gods ways" responses. I find that concept unacceptable, so I ask.

9. profile image52

Guys! GOD had to move "junk" (Is64:6) out of the way to get to where HE was going (OT JESUS "concealed;" NT JESUS "revealed!")! HE looks @ END to beginning; not as us! HE KNEW ONE DAY Gal3:28 would be KNOWN ("No Jew or Greek")!
      AWESOME (Is14:27)!

4. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

The question should be: " why do people use religion as a political tool?".
    If we "blame god" we are saying He exists but he's a bastard. It's called "the blame god paradox" cuz it doesn't make sense to blame an alleged non existent God:) It's funny in a stupid way.
    I know I know now you'll say "it's not me it's them and I'm doing it as a reverse reasoning exercise yadda yadda but it's actually YOU making a logical error not someone else.

The question is what it is...why does god condone such. My reason for asking is that there seems to have been something sinister going on. How can people follow a god who makes slavery an institution? The true logic error thereforesides with god.

2. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ivan
      So you are saying that God exists?

3. Ivan Tod profile image60

Absolutely, just not in the same way most people think.The reality is that any god, in the truest sense of the word, would never deem slavery or racism as acceptable no less condone it thru scripture, as the present god of judaeo/christianity does.

4. Ericdierker profile image45

Can this be true? A person accepts any concept of God and does not believe in his God's omnipotence and omnipresence? By clear definition a God is beyond man's understanding. Ivanovich you miss a reality. You are like a neophyte in quantum physics.

5. Ivan Tod profile image60

String theory actually shows the omnipotence and omnipresence of the creative force of the universe. The various bibles only make reference to it. It would seem that at some point the idea of god was corrupted for nefarious purposes. Time will tell.

6. Ericdierker profile image45

Dogs and their tales. I forgot about the shooter on the grassy knoll and that the lunar landing in a TV studio. Great fellow on H 5.O for you to watch. Jesus must be considered a great conspiracy?

7. Ivan Tod profile image60

Jesus a conspiracy...you can ask him when you see him...in which case, you'll never know but then again when has "knowing" anything actually mattered to the "faithful". Jesus is like santa clause..once you grow up you realize the rediculousness of it

8. Ericdierker profile image45

Nope Jesus is more like old age and love. You can be like you and hate and not grow wise. Or you can embrace love and pass it on. Because some misguided put Jesus on a shelf like a commodity does not make it a generalization that works.

9. Ivan Tod profile image60

Or, I can be like you and dismiss  all who disagree with my beliefs. One question, why is it that people such as yourself, when faced with alternative views, attribute those alternate views to hatefulness? Is that your idea of wisdom and love?

10. profile image52

Rm 1:21-32 You're "self sufficient" (carnal) relying on YOUR belief forgetting the CREATOR who is "Spirit!"

5. arksys profile image84
    arksysposted 7 years ago

From an Islamic perspective this is not the case. Racism was abolished which is clear from the last sermon of Muhammad. The following is a portion of it...

"O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no virtue of an Arab over a foreigner nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white skin over black skin nor black skin over white skin, except by righteousness. Have I not delivered the message?
    Source: Musnad Ahmad 22978"

However slavery still did continue with better rights for the slave. Having said that, there was an encouragement given to the people to free slaves in return for the removal of their sins.

"Most of the slaves liberated by Abu Bakr were either women or old and frail men. The father of Abu Bakr asked him why he doesn't liberate strong and young slaves who could be a source of strength for him, Abu Bakr replied that he was freeing the slaves for the sake of God, and not for his own sake. According to Sunni tradition the following verses of the Qur'an were revealed due to this...

He who gives in charity and fears Allah And in all sincerity testifies to the Truth; We shall indeed make smooth for him the path of Bliss [Quran 92:5–7].

Those who spend their wealth for increase in self-purification; And have in their minds no favor from any one For which a reward is expected in return, But only the desire to seek the Countenance, Of their Lord, Most High; And soon they shall attain complete satisfaction [Quran 92:18–21]."
    [source : wikipedia : Abu Bakr]

It was a good move but it doesn't address the question of why it was condoned in the first place. Plus, if Abu Bakr was really righteous why didn't he free ALL slaves? Seems like more of a token gesture to only let go the useless slaves, no?

2. Ericdierker profile image45

Aren't we all held in the world? Aren't we held captive in "life". But doesn't scripture somewhat let our minds travel beyond us? No no no, do not think I mean perfection. Know I mean progress toward a spiritual betterment.   ?????

3. tamarawilhite profile image87
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Instead, Islam divides the world into Muslim and non-Muslim and calls for hating the non-Muslim and conquering it.

We're held captive by one thing that encompasses all manner of slave mentality and that one thing is religion. To say scripture "let's" us do something would imply a restriction. It's a never ending cycle of real repression and no actual reward.

5. arksys profile image84
      arksysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The scripture is a guide which points you in the right direction. It is much broader in thinking than ourselves. It accepts that you have fallen against your ego because ego has also been given to you by God. It still shows you a peaceful way out.

let me get this straight, god gave us all of these terrible ego driven traits, then tells us hell awaits if we abide by them then he tells us he'll make it all good if we do what he says, not as he does...god created the problem then gives a way out?

7. arksys profile image84

why were adam and eve sent down to earth for some enjoyment? because they did not control their desires even when they could. that is what we are here to do, to practice and become stronger. for that purpose, we are given guidance.

Practice and become stronger for what? and Adam and Eve weren't "sent down" to earth, they were created here so, I really don't understand what you're trying to relay. The guidance you mention sounds more like a slave handbook to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

9. arksys profile image84

they were created and lived in the heavens. the "tree" was in heaven... i think you may have got things mixed up. To control our desires... total understanding of our self and controlling it with an active mind makes us stronger.

10. Ivan Tod profile image60

Well, if i've gotten things mixed up so has the Holy Bible and 2 billion believers of it's scripture, or perhaps you are referring to the Quran? If you are that will serve to throw further wrenches in the whole religious belief system.

11. arksys profile image84

I am speaking from the Islamic perspective of things therefore am referring from the Quran. I did not know Christianity says they were already on earth during the tree incident.

12. Ivan Tod profile image60

christianity and judaism both say it, then again they are one and the same religion. so, which one is right and which one is wrong? or does it even matter? and what's with the "you're either one of us or against us" doctrine of the muslim faith?

13. arksys profile image84

1. Abu Bakr did not have enough money to purchase all slaves but spent all. 2.Confirmed with a Christian friend, the Garden of Eden was definitely not on Earth. 3.You are not with me, nor am I against you. To you, belongs your faith, and to me, mine.

14. Ivan Tod profile image60

If the rules in the bible were as savvydating says; "to protect the slaves", why do the passages refer to "owner" compensations for damages incurred to the slave as apposed to said compensations going directly to the slave himself?

15. arksys profile image84

I cannot comment on questions on the Bible due to lack of knowledge. Maybe it is explaining how to deal with slaves at the time. But keep in mind we are also referred to as slaves and servants of God. It was not as bad as it "sounds" today.

16. Ericdierker profile image45

That is so cool this answer chooses the best and ignores the rest.

17. Ivan Tod profile image60

"Can this be true? A person accepts any concept of God and does not believe in his God's omnipotence and omnipresence?" String theory would best explain my concept of god. Just because it's not the same perspective as yours doesn't make it invalid.

18. Ericdierker profile image45

No my friend you do not get Quantum Physics well enough to rely on string theory. Life in it's origin is not explainable.If you think it is you are not getting it. Big bang my butt - totally debunked. String my love for you out into an abyss. Foolish

19. Ivan Tod profile image60

Why do you assume I don't understand quantum physics? Anyway, what's any more foolish than thinking some old man made humans from a handful of dirt as opposed to life developing thru evolution?...of which every sane, civilized person understands.

20. arksys profile image84

I believe in Omnipotence but not in Omnipresence. The Quran states in about 23 places that God is on his Throne. It is OK, not to accept either. The most important thing is to believe in one God. Once you TRULY believe you will experience the rest.

21. Ivan Tod profile image60

Isn't omnipresence consequential of omnipotence?...maybe not. Anyway, the whole "Once you Truly believe" thing sounds a tad self-fulfilling to me.

22. arksys profile image84

do you keep speaking to a person who shows no interest or mocks you when you speak? there has to be a level of trust, right? the higher the trust the more detailed info is shared. Its quite a simple logic, not self-fulfilling in my opinion.

23. Ivan Tod profile image60

Famous last words; "Trust Me" Anyway, I'm continuing to talk to someone who mocks me. Mr. Dierker mocks everything I say. Which isn't very christian...or is it? then again neither is his ego driven discription of his own superiority over us dummies.

24. arksys profile image84

this is a discussion, which is different to lets say meeting someone on the street. you don't do a bad mocking job yourself, when replying to him. smile anyways... good discussion. thanks for the questions.

25. Ericdierker profile image45

Some folk told me a few days ago to be more stupid. They remind me of you. You hate intellectual prowess when it rocks and rolls with Christ. I could take you on in an butt kicking fight with both legs bound. And I believe completely with Jesus.

26. Ivan Tod profile image60

More stupid implies an already existing level of it. Go figure. If you think jesus gives you but kickin power I know some athiests that would actually prove you completely wrong. you're a perfect example of intelligence NOT requiring intellect.

27. arksys profile image84

lol... this is fun ... let me get some popcorn.

28. Ivan Tod profile image60

Irfan says: "lol... this is fun ... let me get some popcorn."
      when some people allow their misguided zealousness to override the tenets of their religion it only serves to put their religion in a bad light. Inquisition ring a bell? need some salt?

29. arksys profile image84

i'm no good at putting other people below oneself. I'm learning from you... yeah... salt will be good, thanks.

30. profile image52

Ivan GOD ONLY asks us to BELIEVE; have FAITH in HIS WORD; "WAIT" for HIS HELP & HE'LL do the rest!
      What's hard about that?

31. Ivan Tod profile image60

Norine Williams, god doesn't ASK us anything...he TELLS us what to do and if we don't do it hell awaits. And what about those 5 million jews who believed, had faith and waited all the way to the gas chambers? NT covenant in action maybe?

6. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 7 years ago

Your premise is false. God does not condone slavery. "He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16)

Slavery was a Roman construct, and was not the same in ancient times as in modern times where people were captured and sold. Slavery was voluntary for those people who had no way of making a living for themselves. Back in ancient times, there was no welfare, so this was a way for people to get food and housing.

The rules one sees in the Bible existed to protect the slave. Injuring or killing a slave was punishable. The slave owner was actually encouraged to “pamper” his slave.

Egyptian society, which embraced slavery, was here before the Romans therefore slavery is not a Roman construct. Exodus 21:16 is referring to the crime of kidnapping, not the institution of slavery itself. To condone is to accept and allow.

2. Oztinato profile image76

Evanovich
      Try to embrace the Principle of Evolution to history which atheist historians have done for a hundred years. Things evolve bro. Also people can use many things for political motives while pretending to be holy eg hitler

3. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The verse is alluding to kidnapping for the sake of slavery. The Romans did not treat slaves well. The only type of slavery permitted by the Hebrews was voluntary slavery, whose slaves were to be treated well. God never condoned other forms.

Ozinato says: "Things evolve bro."
      Yes they do and hopefully "mindsets" as well. You called me Evanovich...why?  I'm not Russian.

5. Oztinato profile image76

Just making a lame joke.......

Everything that now comes out of your mouth exudes the complete opposite of what I was always told a follower of jesus should be. Thanks for not turning the other cheek and threatening me with the violence of a "butt kicking" in the name of jesus.

7. profile image0

I assume you are speaking to Eric, who has his own version of "Christianity" which is not mainstream. He has insulted me as well. I apologize, Ivan, that you are being spoken to in this manner by someone who falsely claims to love in Jesus' name.

Thanks savvydating. I figured it would be obvious? lol!  I apologize to Ozinato if he thought that comment was directed at him. It didn't show up where I wanted it to. Anyway, Eric appears to be confused so I would offer him this; What Would Jesus Do

9. profile image0

I've had my answers inexplicably land in the wrong place as well, so I understand. What would Jesus do? That's always a good question.

10. profile image52

Jesus said "LET MY PEOPLE GO" which is evidence HE didn't condone "slavery!"

11. Ivan Tod profile image60

Jesus said "LET MY PEOPLE GO" which is evidence HE didn't condone "slavery!"
      Hey Norine, Actually, it was Moses who said that.

12. profile image0

Ivan...Obviously, Moses was voicing God's will. Same thing. But, we get it. You hate Christianity. Too many discrepancies....yada,yada. Despite the flaws of Christians, true Christianity is a force for good. Underground Christians are good examples..

13. Ivan Tod profile image60

God doesn't like it when people change what's written,and stating one person said something when it was actually someone else is an alteration. Anyway, what are underground christians? and I don't hate christianity. the fake christians bug me though.

14. profile image0

Norine may have meant to say God. Underground Christians are those who worship and teach in secret because they will otherwise be imprisoned, tortured, or threatened with death. Even if tortured, they do not deny their faith. This happens all over...

15. Ivan Tod profile image60

She may have. So, that's what an underground christian is. The fact that they stay and teach their religion in light of potentially being imprisoned or killed speaks volumes about their character. I wonder how many here in America would do the same?

16. profile image0

Not many, to be sure, Ivan. We have it easy here in the U.S. But to be fair, many American missionaries go overseas. Sometimes they are jailed and tortured and they do not renounce their faith. But the average Christian is soft & would last 5 min

7. Glenis Rix profile image94
    Glenis Rixposted 7 years ago

What a very strange question. How did you form an impression that 'God' embraced racial bias and condoned slavery?

To condone is to "accep"t and "allow". Can intructing someone on how to treat slaves, which god does in the bible, a matter of acceptance and allowance?...and doesn't "choosing" a particular group as his chosen ones riddled with racial bias?

2. profile image52

Have you read Galatians 3:28? Did IT not say "There is NEITHER Jew nor Greek to those "IN CHRIST JESUS?"  We CURRENTLY live under a NEW COVENANT where JESUS has "No Respect of persons" (Rm2:11)! 
      Again OT JESUS "concealed; NT JESUS "revealed"

3. Ivan Tod profile image60

god telling the Israelites to kill every living thing in Jericho makes the whole "no respect of persons" thing fairly obvious. A change in terms of the contract doesn't automatically mean a change in policy.

8. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12485316_f260.jpg

Oh dear, the issue isn't w/God.  It is HUMANKIND w/the limited & unevolved consciousness, mentality, mindset, outlook, philosophy, psychology, & purview who invented artificial labels & incidents such as racism, classism, ageism, sexism, homophobia, & other prejudices.  God created humankind to be co-creators in the universe-giving them free will to develop to higher or lower consciousness.  It is UP to humankind, not God to create a humane, evolved world.......God gave humankind the tools & it is in humankind's hands.....

So, the term "chosen people" is not racist or an artificial and biased "label"? God created humans as workers, as per the book of Genisis. Any other explanation is wishful human thinking. Co-Creators? Sounds like you're elevating man to a god status?

2. profile image52

GOD was showing "His Chosen People" at the END (NOW) or a metaphor that you don't mess with! 
      GRACE is RIGHT!  Dominion on earth was given to "man" by GOD (Gen1:26) & "we" fluffed it up!
      We ARE  "gods" (Ps 82:6Jn10:34) if "righteous!"

9. stas karimov profile image60
    stas karimovposted 7 years ago

If you are a sinner, you must be in Hell. Therefore, in any country must be hell! Even in America!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)