jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should a blog have a static homepage?

1. Skylar Spring profile image75
    Skylar Springposted 5 years ago

Should a blog have a static homepage?

Which do you think is better, having a static homepage as the landing point on your blog or having your post page as the landing point? What are the pros and cons of each?

2. Greenblood profile image68
    Greenbloodposted 5 years ago

I think having a static page in a blog is a disadvantage in SEO point of view.

3. glinnmgraw profile image59
    glinnmgrawposted 5 years ago

I think blogs have good advantages for google search engine. yaa this is a static page we can your blogs from a landing point, ...

thanks for sharing.

4. whizcreed profile image67
    whizcreedposted 5 years ago

I believe having a static homepage would help, from what I can recall, search engines rated dynamic and static websites differently. With a static page you will have reliable content that is expected to be their, this is likely to help with page ranks etc as well.

But then again I am not an expert..

5. Teresa Schultz profile image78
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

If your blog has a good description right at the top, and it is clear to new visitors to the blog what your blog is all about, then a static homepage is not necessary. However, if you would like to make a more attractive homepage with images and other eye-catching large text or information to draw your visitor in to explore your blog more, there's nothing wrong with that either - if doing that, though, just make sure that you also provide easy-to-see links to your categories, archives or recent articles, so that a visitor (after being impressed with the landing page) doesn't struggle to easily explore the rest of your blog.

working