jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is Keywords? in Search engine optimization

1. madhuwillb profile image41
    madhuwillbposted 5 years ago

What is Keywords? in Search engine optimization

2. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 5 years ago

Keywords are the words that people put into a search engine to find what they are looking for.

I wrote an article on Charity Walks for one of my websites. Since it was about signing up for charity walks the keywords that I used were volunteer, donate and fundraising.

When people put these words / phrases into a search engine my article has a better chance of being noticed. (Do not use words in your title because they will already be treated like Keywords) 

I use "google adwords keyword tool"
    Type in a word and it shows you how many times that word is searched, how many sites use it as a Keyword, and other related words that might be relevant.

3. whizcreed profile image66
    whizcreedposted 5 years ago

Keywords are a collection of words that describe an online resource, a video, image or some text. Keywords are useful for search engines to quickly lookup relevant information for people who are looking for it.

In SEO keywords should explain material as closely as possible.

4. internetgeek profile image60
    internetgeekposted 5 years ago

Keywords are nothing but single word or phrases. Keywords are basically the search queries that users enter into search engines to search for content. If keywords are related and effective to the specific content, then the page will show in top results for the search queries. You can use Google keywords tool to calculate the density of keywords for the specific search terms.

5. Ajay Prasad profile image61
    Ajay Prasadposted 4 years ago

A keyword, in the context of search engine optimization, is a particular word or phrase that describes the contents of a Web page. Keywords are intended to act as shortcuts that sum up an entire page. Keywords form part of a Web page’s metadata and help search engines match a page to with an appropriate search query.

working