jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which is the Best AntiVirus?

1. mymagicview profile image74
    mymagicviewposted 5 years ago

Which is the Best AntiVirus?

I recently purchased a new laptop and now I am searching for the best Antivirus software that will protect my laptop. I want total security. When I searched about Top Antivirus, I found that BitDefender is the best. What is your experience? How about Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, Quick Heal? And What you think about Free Antivirus like Avast, Avira or AVG? Which Antivirus should I use to make sure that my laptop is protected?

2. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

I heard some of my friends say that Nod32 is top-notch.

I've tried BitDefender before but it was too restrictive and intrusive. The software keeps on blocking almost everything even the important ones. But this was years ago. I guess they were able to improve on these already.

Now, I'm just using a free antivirus, AVG. And it's working fine for me.

I guess the best way to prevent viruses is to be cautious yourself. Avoid sites you know would contain viruses and malware. Also, be vigilant in files you download and links that you click.

3. Mattoaks profile image60
    Mattoaksposted 5 years ago

I have used Avast on the last 3 computers I have owned, and installed it for family and friends also.  I love that it runs in the background, isn't intrusive, and updates daily.  I download a ton of stuff from various places, and trust Avast to alert me if something isn't right.  It does offer a paid version, but I have never need to subscribe to it, becasue I believe the free version gives me everything I need.

Hope this helps.

4. PreetSaluja profile image35
    PreetSalujaposted 5 years ago

BitDefender is really good but requires a very good\fast PC. Running it on a slow PC or on a netbook will probably slow it down. Avast is also good, I currently have it installed on my netbook and it does not slow it down. It runs in the background without slowing down my netbook. I have it installed on 4 of my laptop\PC right now and no one of them have been infected with virus till today. So I think you should go for it.

working