jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best antivirus program?

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

What is the best antivirus program?

Are free ones just as good?

2. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

I like Avast! Another good one is AVG. Both are free. I haven't used paid antivirus software in a long time, but honestly I think both of those two are better than any of the paid ones I ever used.

If I were to consider paying for software, I would probably go with Kaspersky. I hear lots of good things about them.

1. darkland profile image61
      darklandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

AVG is much better than Kaspersky in my humble opinion.  I had a test version when I bought a new computer and just wasn't impressed it's a lot like Norton

3. Rony09 profile image61
    Rony09posted 5 years ago

If you want to pay for a antivirus software i would recommend you Kaspersky as i', using it for more than 4 years and happy with it. And for free one try Microsoft security essentials or avast free antivirus. They are the best free i've experienced.

Just written a hub about Avast. Check it here..
    http://rony09.hubpages.com/hub/Avast-Fr … and-review

4. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 5 years ago

microsoft security essentials used to be rubbish but is doing a pretty decent job now... not heavy on the system and catches everything.

another free one is Avira.

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

PC Tools Spyware Doctor has been 100% for me.  I've had absolutely no issues in the last 3 years, and it's caught quite a few things.  Worth looking into!

working