jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Learning HTML and coding

1. nicregi profile image75
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Learning HTML and coding

Is there anyway to learn HTML or coding online? I am wry interested to learn that but have no idea where to start.

2. Daemonkin profile image71
    Daemonkinposted 6 years ago

Depending on what you want to learn a simple google search will answer this by searching for learn "language."

I would stay away from traditional html as its a sloppy coding lang. xhtml will help you develop better habits.

Once you get a good understanding of that move on to javascript. It's fairly easy and is considered the backbone of the web.

Learning these will make it easier to transition to program coding like python, c, c+, c++, etc.

Read a lot, then write some basic scripts, read some more write some more, read notes in scripts to see specific examples of how others wrote scripts in a real world environment.

3. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 6 years ago

Daemonkin is write. Start with something like XHTML and then you can move onto another language. I started with that before moving to PHP and Ruby on Rails for web applications (and yes, I am still semi-using both at the moment while I am working on iOS apps). XHTML will hopefully give the basics of decent code before proceeding into something a little more complex.

4. dappledesigns profile image89
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

Lynda.com has great tutorials that are done by certified people that work in the field. This is actually used for higher education supplement material.

http://www.w3schools.com/ is a great free online tool as well.

5. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 6 years ago

You may download the great book 'HTML FOR DUMMIES'

working