jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Your experience with WordPress Themes

1. American_Choices profile image80
    American_Choicesposted 6 years ago

Your experience with WordPress Themes

I have made the decision to take the next step and open a WordPress blog site of my own. I wish to have a customized theme for hopefully under $100, possibly $200 for multiple sites.

What experiences have you had with purchased themes?

I wish to include Google Adsense and my Twitter feed. Will buying a theme prevent this addition?

2. moneytoplist profile image62
    moneytoplistposted 6 years ago

A few years ago a paid a web designer to make two WordPress themes for me. I did not plan to use them myself, my idea was to include link to the footer and allow other bloggers to use it for free.

When I tested the theme it was working well, however, I remember there was some problem with some features which worked fine with the default WordPress theme, but for some reason they did not work with the custom theme. Unfortunately, it is a long time ago so I do not remember where exactly was the problem.

So I recommend to test the theme carefully before you accept the designer's work.

3. darkhawk84 profile image59
    darkhawk84posted 6 years ago

I have little experience with WordPress though I know what it is and can't tell you how buying any thing for a WordPress page would make a difference for Google Adsense. I myself like to use and do as much freebie stuff as I can to save time and money. So I can't be much of help here.

4. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago

There are over 1 000 free themes on WordPress.org that you could choose from, so it wouldn't have to cost you a cent. You just pay for your domain and hosting costs of your site. Most of these free themes have the same functionality as bought themes or customized themes. Most of the themes enable you to upload your own header banner, change background colours and more - so you still end up with a unique-looking theme even though you paid nothing for it. Buying a theme or having a custom theme designed will still enable you to include Adsense ads and have twitter feeds (so will using any of the free themes.) There are thousands of WordPress plugins (free) to choose from that can help you to further customize your site.

working