jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Can I Speed Up Uploading Videos To Youtube?

1. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 5 years ago

How Can I Speed Up Uploading Videos To Youtube?

It seems like it takes forever to upload an HD video to Youtube.  Is there away to make the upload go faster?  I don't want to reduce the quality of the upload.

2. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

I should think Youtube would be the place to ask this question...

Their support people need to be aware that it is taking an unacceptably long time to upload content, as far as you're concerned, and that you'd like to find a way to speed things up.

My $0.02.

3. lucasjmoore profile image62
    lucasjmooreposted 5 years ago

I'd think it would rely a lot on your internet speeds so if you increase the upload speed, the upload should go faster.
    Other than that the only thing i can think of is breaking your video up into parts such as part 1, part 2. This works for long videos, but i would think you lose viewers on short videos being 2 parts.

Best of luck. Mine takes for ever too, sigh.

4. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

HD video always takes longer time and slower upload speed than regular ones. Also, your Internet speed affects the uploading speed.

5. profile image54
    venedictposted 4 years ago

If you increase the internet speed itself automatically the Youtube download will also increase.It is just that the videos take quite a lot of bytes to stream....To increase internet speed
    * Check to see if faster internet connections are in your area:
            Fiber optic and cable internet tend to be faster than DSL and dial-Up.
    *Do some basic maintenance on your PC:
            a scan disk, a virus scan, a malware scan, and clear your recycle bin.Delete old files and temporary files.
    * Reset Your Modem
            Sometimes switching OFF and ON your modem helps you to speed the internet.
    * Optimize your cache or temporary Internet files.
            These files improve your Internet connection performance by not downloading the same file over and over.

After you have tried some of this,try your connection again using http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ and see if it's running any faster. If you are not satisfied Call your Internet service provider (ISP) and check whether upgradation of your plan is necessary.

working