jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Anyone know how to change the size of the material you see in your browser windo

1. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 5 years ago

Anyone know how to change the size of the material you see in your browser window?

For some reason, something I do, which I have no idea of that caused everything inside my browser window to become either extremely large or amazingly small. What am I doing and how do I get it back to normal size. Its so big now I can't even log out of Hubpages because I can't get down in the drop down menu to log out. This is ridiculous! HELP! This is not a Hubpages issue, it is a computer issue.

2. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

If you hold the CTRL button on the keyboard  and scroll the mouse wheel it changes the size of text.  In some browsers it can change the size of pictures as well.

3. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 5 years ago

I wish that worked, but it didn't. It has something to do with the mouse pad, a circular motion, and possibly a click of the right or left mouse button. I can't figure it out. The weirdest part is it is just super large for Hub Pages login, main page, account, and profile page, and the edit page. If I click on a link to one of my hubs viewed as a reader would see it, it goes back to normal, but then once I go back to any of the above fore mentioned pages it is EXTREMELY LARGE! If I go to another website it is normal. This has happened from time to time over the past year sometimes making it smaller or larger only slightly, but this time it made it WAY TOO BIG to even deal with. I wish I could figure it out, as it is super annoying, but it does not have anything to do with pressing keys on the keypad. It does have something to do with the mouse pad and/or the right or left buttons though...HELP!!!

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

On some pages, you can hold the control button down and then hit the plus sign to enlarge the whole page. You can reduce the size by holding the control and minus sign. You have to release the two buttons after each size increase. In other words you cannot hold the control key down and hit the plus sign repeatedly. You have to hold control, hit the plus sign key and then release both. I know it works in Firefox and am pretty sure it works in IE.

Also, Microsoft 7 has a built in magnifying pane that is not the most graceful tool to use, but it does work.

Finally, Microsoft makes what they call an Intellimouse, which is a magnifying mouse. My son is visually impaired and we keep a spare of this around the house. You do have to install the software that comes with it.

Closed to reply

working