Do I need the permission of the hub writer to use his/her hub on my website?

1. Dannytaylor02 profile image80
    Dannytaylor02posted 5 years ago

Do I need the permission of the hub writer to use his/her hub on my website?

i am assuming that its a help anyway for me to use it but I just want to make sure as I dont want to 'steal' another persons work.

2. Froggy213 profile image48
    Froggy213posted 5 years ago

Each hub writer owns the hub he/she writes and it  is copywrited.

3. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

Yes. The work is copyright of the author.

To publish a hub elsewhere without permission would not only be unethical, it would also be illegal and punishable under the law.

The copyrtight law applies not only to hubs, articles, books, ebooks etc. but to any written work, images, music etc. published or not. So it also includes comments, questions, answers - the works.

This answer is copyright. My first (unpublished and probably unpublishable novel) languishing in the proverbial bottom drawer, is also copyright even though it has never left my study.

If you want to use someone's work on your website because you admire it, then go ahead and ask for permission. Most authors would be delighted to say yes and would be happy for the extra exposure. If you are going to make money on the back of it, negotiate a deal. Communicate.

Remember also (anyone reading this) that Hubpages has a cunning little program running that checks material for duplication across the web and alerts authors when their work has been stolen. So, a warning to the unscupulous: you will be caught.