jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What little ways do you reduce your energy use?

1. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

What little ways do you reduce your energy use?

Whether it is buying in bulk to use less packaging, switching out your light bulbs, or growing your own produce, what do you do to reduce your carbon footprint?

2. John J Gulley profile image78
    John J Gulleyposted 5 years ago

Pay really close attention to the way I use my gas foot when I'm driving. If I pretend that I always have only a few ounces of gas left in the tank, I tend to get much better gas mileage.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Washing clothes in cold water instead of hot and putting them on the line to dry instead of using the dryer are two good ways to save energy. To reduce the amount of plastic bottles that we buy, we've started using water bottles with Brita type filters in them, too.

4. uksolarpanels profile image37
    uksolarpanelsposted 5 years ago

In addition to these ones that have already been mentioned, I'd like to suggest some things I usually do to reduce my energy use:

- Turn off the lights when leaving a room (yeah, that's a quite obvious one, but just in case! ) wink

- Unplug all the devices that are already charged or not being used: unplug chargers that are not working.

- Full the dishwasher when using it, as well as having a shower instead of a bath: quicker and greener!

- Turn your thermostat down: Keep the central heating at between 18-21C to have a comfortable and healthy temperature.

- And of course... use renewables!

Hope it helps!