What little ways do you reduce your energy use?
Whether it is buying in bulk to use less packaging, switching out your light bulbs, or growing your own produce, what do you do to reduce your carbon footprint?
Pay really close attention to the way I use my gas foot when I'm driving. If I pretend that I always have only a few ounces of gas left in the tank, I tend to get much better gas mileage.
Washing clothes in cold water instead of hot and putting them on the line to dry instead of using the dryer are two good ways to save energy. To reduce the amount of plastic bottles that we buy, we've started using water bottles with Brita type filters in them, too.
In addition to these ones that have already been mentioned, I'd like to suggest some things I usually do to reduce my energy use:
- Turn off the lights when leaving a room (yeah, that's a quite obvious one, but just in case! )
- Unplug all the devices that are already charged or not being used: unplug chargers that are not working.
- Full the dishwasher when using it, as well as having a shower instead of a bath: quicker and greener!
- Turn your thermostat down: Keep the central heating at between 18-21C to have a comfortable and healthy temperature.
- And of course... use renewables!
Hope it helps!
by TheBlondie6 years ago
What are some little ways you boost your mood?
by MazioCreate6 years ago
What actions can you recommend to reduce your carbon footprint?I recently registered with the organisation www.1millionwomen.com.au as a way of setting goals and putting into action steps to help our planet and future...
by supermama8 years ago
Anyone have some frugal, green living tips?
by And Drewson6 years ago
What are you doing to reduce your carbon footprint?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.