jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think television could eventually be cancelled out in our lives?

1. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 5 years ago

Do you think television could eventually be cancelled out in our lives?

2. inevitablesecrets profile image73
    inevitablesecretsposted 5 years ago

Possibly, I don't have a TV.  I watch shows online but the thing with that is if we all move online production companies will have to figure out how to make that work.  With the exception of some YouTube focused production companies they are all geared for telivision and getting funding through that medium.

3. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Internet "TV" is the future. Shows will always be there to entertain the captives, oops  I mean people.

4. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

No I don't think so. Television is there to stay. In the future we should expect 3d television and then realistic television when technology will help us to actually live the show that we are watching.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

This is a great question!  Recently I was thinking about how television doesn't really have much to offer any more that's decent, that doesn't portray people in violent circumstances, or that isn't just plain stupid and ridiculous! 

Now, having said all that, I will add, there are still some very good programs on T.V., but they are few in number in my opinion.  For instance, I think that Masterpiece Classic (BBC) is absolutely brilliant!  I have loved it for many years because they produce such lovely classics, and I guess that's how they came to change the name of the program from Masterpiece Theatre to Masterpiece Classic.  In addition, there is a channel with old movies, I think it's AMC, and they have these really great old movies they put on, with no commercials.  And, I'm sure there must be other good stuff out there as well.

I actually think that we certainly can do without television, and that one day, it will probably become obsolete, and it may be quite soon.  I believe this will be the case simply because right now, you can get any movie and lots of T.V. programs from Net Flix, (that's what I do).  And, then I watch the few good programs that are on T. V.  People also get T. V. programs and movies from Blockbuster and other sources, so it seems pretty inevitable to me.
    Take care,
    Helen

suzzycueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Helen. I also love to watch the classics and the old black and white movies. I think the reason is there is a story to them. A story is what is lacking in movies today, all action,bombs and special effects.

6. iefox5 profile image56
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Of course not. Though Internet is playing more and more important role in our daily life, television is still providing us useful information. Samsung launched Smart TV and Apple TV is coming soon, so television will be there as always.

7. silverstararrow profile image83
    silverstararrowposted 5 years ago

No, T.V. will definitely live for a long, long time. Maybe many more improved versions to enhance picture quality (3D) and viewing pleasure will come up in the future, but they will all be essentially 'television'.

8. profile image0
    technibzposted 5 years ago

I think TV and internet will eventually become one. Especially now that Google is getting involved with LG on the "Google TV".

9. Lipnancy profile image92
    Lipnancyposted 5 years ago

I think people will always need the outlet of television and mindless free entertainment at the flip of a switch.

10. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

No, I envision the TV still on when mankind is no longer in existence. It will be that off the air signal from the 1950s.

suzzycueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good one!

working