jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you share your experience with Samsung Android Phones?

1. NewAgeNews profile image40
    NewAgeNewsposted 5 years ago

Would you share your experience with Samsung Android Phones?

2. Bob Ferreira profile image66
    Bob Ferreiraposted 5 years ago

I had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Sprint. It is a "straight Android" phone, meaning it has no carrier add-ons on it, such as Sprint Mobile or Sprint NFL, in the case of my carrier, but all carriers have a ton of extra garbage they package with their phones.
    At any rate, although this sounds good, my biggest problem with it was that it didn't do anything I wanted it to do. Out of the box, it has no compatibility with Facebook. Because of this, all the contacts that automatically synced with my previous Android phones wouldn't work. I had to root the phone to trick it into syncing with Facebook.
    The phone was also slower than other Android based phones I've used. In the long run, I sent it back and have stuck with my HTC Evo.

I don't really care much for Samsung Android products as a whole.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image99
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

In my opinion Smansung Android Phones are the most durable phones out there. They tend to last forever. The thing is, they are not as user friendly as HTC phones, so I prefer buying HTC.

4. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Seems Samsung i9100 is a popular android phone, some friends are using it and say it is wonderful.

5. eric2112 profile image81
    eric2112posted 5 years ago

I have had three Samsung Android phones; A continuum, a Fascinate and now a Droid Charge. Samsung has a really great hardware platform and the devices are rock solid with 'bleeding-edge' features. The only problem with Samsung is that once they release their next 'Flagship' device, the others get left in the dust usually.

Fortunately, developers not related to Samsung like to freshen these devices up and get as much use out of them as possible.

All in all, I would continue to purchase Samsung Android phones. A word of advice though... stay with the higher end ones like the Galaxy Nexus and the upcoming Galaxy S III. These will still be supported for a while.

Cheers!

working