jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you find it annoying when people talk on the phone when standing in line at t

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Do you find it annoying when people talk on the phone when standing in line at the grocery store?

2. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

If they are waiting then I don't care. But if the cashier is scanning their items then they need to be paying attention and focusing on the cashier and their items. It is so easy for items to ring up wrong or for them to get scanned twice. If the customer is paying attention it can solve many problems before they start.

I am a cashier and it bothers me so much when customers don't pay attention and then have the nerve to get mad at me when something happens that they should have caught. I scan the barcodes. I am not out on the salesfloor. I don't know what items are marked down and sometimes the systems screws up. If the customer catches it, it saves them a trip to customer service to get it fixed.

3. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

Annoying doesn't describe it. It's rude in every sense of the word. If they need to use the cell phone, they need to go out to their car. Turn them off if in store and especially a restaurant.

4. juniptermoon profile image59
    juniptermoonposted 5 years ago

Yes, I find it very rude and there are other places I would rather not hear a conversation taking place.  Like public bathroom stalls, dressing rooms, or at the dinner table.  Sometimes you can even hear the other person on the line!

1. nochance profile image92
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I hate when people talk on the phone in bathroom stalls. I don't want any more people to hear me pee than is really necessary.

5. blessed365 profile image78
    blessed365posted 5 years ago

I think it is annoying and rude if a person is on the phone while the cashier is ringing up their groceries.

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I get annoyed when anybody, anywhere talks on their phone when in public.  I don't want to listen to people's private conversations, and I especially don't like to listen to them curse or talk filth...this happens often.  Good manners should include keeping your private stuff private and not imposing it on others.

1. juniptermoon profile image59
      juniptermoonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A few years ago, while sitting in a public lobby I overheard a man having a private conversation to which he made a comment into his phone..."Look, I love so and so, but........".  At that moment I looked up and felt pity for defenseless "so and so".

7. Ciel Clark profile image75
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

Very annoying!  I was in line at a cafeteria, and the woman ahead of me was on the phone.  The cashier asked a question and the woman was irritated, shushed her, and said,  "Can't you see I'm on the phone?!"

8. Alexander Mark profile image83
    Alexander Markposted 5 years ago

I get annoyed because I just get annoyed at people in general. I hate it more when I'm being crowded in a grocery line. But, I really have no problem with someone talking on the cell phone if it's not a private and personal conversation and as long as it doesn't interfere with other people, like slowing the cashier down. What is really rude is someone talking on the phone in a public restroom, I am completely not comfortable with that. I love talking on the phone with certain family and friends, but there is no need to answer that thing night and day. If I do on rare occasions answer the phone in the bookstore (with the ringer down low), I walk out of the bookstore to have my conversation. Most people don't seem to have the same civility.