jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Does anyone know how to get site verified with Bing webmaster tools?

1. tamron profile image72
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to get site verified with Bing webmaster tools?

I am trying to add the meta tag to my blogspot blog.  It keeps say my blog cannot be verified.  Also which tag do I add the one in the grey box or the sample tag.  If so do I copy as is or do I have to add my site name to the meta tag?

2. Conleys Review profile image86
    Conleys Reviewposted 5 years ago

Add the tag in the grey box as it is, without adding your site name.  I'm assuming that you know how to enter the meta tag into your blogspot blog.

tamronposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Conley

Yes,I know how to ad meta tags.  I just didn't know where the tag was that I was suppose to add to my template.

3. hotwebideas profile image75
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

You can add the meta tag called msvalidate.01 to your blogspot template on the Bing Webmaster Tools home page. You should have access to your BlogSpot template. If not Wordpress does this easily. Some bloggers look at LatestBlogPosts.com for the answer as well.

Sorry I didn't see you in the tiny avatar at the bottom.  So you create plugins thats great.  I have a lot of useful plugins that help with my blogging and writing.
      I am getting sick of Google in their tweaks so I am trying to get more bing and yahoo

4. joymk profile image72
    joymkposted 5 years ago

You log into Bing webmaster tools, submit the site, and then they'll give you a small line of code to insert into the head of your website's html. If you're using wordpress, you'd just paste it into the header.php file of your theme.

joymk

Hi I got it figured out now I am trying to submit my sitemap for my blogs on blogspot. I thought you could use your feed for a sitemap but it keeps saying it appears my site is not verifies.  I just wonder if it is because I used feed burner.

2. joymk profile image72
      joymkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Regarding the site map, does blogspot have any sort of plug in or utility for creating site maps? I know I got mine from a plug in off of wordpress, but I"m not as familiar with blogspot. You may want to check their help page, as there may be a "tric

3. tamron profile image72

I don't remember reading about a plugin.  I will see if they have a plugin I'll let you know in a few minutes.

4. hotwebideas profile image75
      hotwebideasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also create Wordpress plugins from scratch wink

5. tamron profile image72

joymk

I can't find any plugins.  I dout if I will get an answer from the forum it seems abandon.

working