jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How often do you use Google to do your searches on each day?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

How often do you use Google to do your searches on each day?

If not, which search engine do you prefer? Why?

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

I never use google. I use bing. I get better results with bing, google just gives me a bunch of stuff I've searched for in the past. Bing gives me what I actually searched for.

3. luisj305 profile image86
    luisj305posted 5 years ago

Mostly Google, but search engines all rank everything in a different way. So what you might not find with Google, you can find with Bing, or Yahoo.I prefer Google over the others because I feel it's quicker, and simple.

If I have any trouble finding what I need or if I am looking for new / different results from the same findings I've seen time and again, even after using alternate search terms / keywords or phrases...
    I'll switch to another search engine for that one search, then switch back to Google. It works out.

4. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

I use google every day I suppose I don't know any better. I'm relatively new to this and google just does what I want it to. I have no need at present to try something different but if some other the others were to say "we do this and that" faster or better than google, then I'd take a look,
    MJ.

5. shiningirisheyes profile image60
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

I use google quite often for my research projects.

6. Mittalmailbox profile image69
    Mittalmailboxposted 5 years ago

I use Google all day. It is default search engine on Google Chrome on my laptop and all the three browsers on my Android. Google always show me at first page what i really want.

7. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

I use Google and Wikipedia several times in a 'session' (usually after 8:30pm-1:30am), depending on what i'm searching for in my writing. There are others I click on as well, but my main search engine is Google. Sometimes the solution to my query is better elsewhere, but Wikipedia is often good.

working