Is it possible to repair laptop charger?

1. rancidTaste profile image62
    rancidTasteposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to repair laptop charger?

A charger of a Toshiba Satellite model laptop is suddenly do not working. Is it possible to repair the charger?

2. Marc Rohde profile image70
    Marc Rohdeposted 5 years ago

Technically is is possible to repair the charger since nearly anything can be repaired--I know this because I work at a company in the business of repairing electronics.  I would, however, recommend just purchasing a replacement.  I have done this in the past by searaching Amazon and eBay and found deals under $20 to replace my chargers (once was for a Satellite).

One word of caution is that the problem may not be the charger but rather the connection inside the laptop that is damaged.  If you are missing the center pin or the connections are damaged this is a more expensive repair and may not be covered by warranty--I also had this problem when a laptop was pull off a table by one of my kids.

The replacement power supply could be the cheap fix or the $20 or under fee to see if there is other damage.

3. Silwen profile image79
    Silwenposted 5 years ago

Yes, it is possible to repair laptop charger. It depends on problem. It is possible to change the wire with the power male jack, replace capacitors, if they cause the problem and so on. But it is better to buy new, because they are quite cheap on the Internet shops. And I am not sure if you find the repair cost reasonable, comparing to new charger cost.
    By the way, the problem may be inside your computer, not in charger. If so, the repair also is possible.

working