jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Which is the best free software for movie editing tasks?

1. purnimamoh1982 profile image81
    purnimamoh1982posted 5 years ago

Which is the best free software for movie editing tasks?

Which is the best free software to undertake movie editing tasks on a standard memory (1-2 GB) computer?

2. Page20 profile image61
    Page20posted 5 years ago

you can use adobe after effect...you can use adobe after effect, is not easy but if you do a lot to learn may be easily

3. ionutpopa profile image69
    ionutpopaposted 5 years ago

I highly recommend you invest a few bucks into Cyberlink PowerDirector, if you want more flexibility. The learning curve is very short, and you get a pretty powerful software to play with your videos.

4. smga22 profile image73
    smga22posted 5 years ago

You can use i-film editor, adobe after effects.

5. livingsta profile image97
    livingstaposted 5 years ago

I think Microsoft movie maker (for windows) and Apple iMovie (for Mac) are pretty good and easy to use. And they are free!!!

Hope this helps!

6. writer49 profile image60
    writer49posted 5 years ago

Windows Live Moviemaker, comes either with Windows or as a separate free download. Not what I would call full-featured, but it can produce very good video.

7. purnimamoh1982 profile image81
    purnimamoh1982posted 5 years ago

thanks a lot for all your responses. Can you still help in suggesting which of these can run on a ubuntu platform or on a general linux platform?

1. writer49 profile image60
      writer49posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You need to make that clear in the question, or we'll tend to assume it's for Windows. I have no experience with Linux.

2. purnimamoh1982 profile image81
      purnimamoh1982posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dear writer49. Please note that the suggestions made on packages for windows as suggested by you are very useful. In Ubuntu, I can still run windows programme on Ubuntu through WINE Windows Launcher. I just wish to gain from the collective knowledge

working