jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Are you suddenly receiving more unsolicited telephone calls?

1. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Are you suddenly receiving more unsolicited telephone calls?

I am. Some are from people claiming to represent polling outfits of which I never have heard, others nonprofits asking for money, still more from campaigns and political party headquarters. The calls are up to half a dozen a day, and the number seems to be rising. It's driving me crazy. What are you experiencing?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I"m getting them on my cell phone which doesn't make me happy since our minutes are not unlimited. That should really be illegal.

Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There should a class action suit here for some sharp lawyer. After all, we pay for telephone services, and taking our property for their use without compensating us for it ought to make telemarketers liable for damages.

3. deepak2u profile image74
    deepak2uposted 5 years ago

yes i am get those calls for no reason !!

Many of them here in the US stem from this hotly contested federal election. I also am getting a steep rise in the number of calls of other sorts, too, not all of them from nonprofits, and my numbers are in the "do not call" registry.

4. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm getting more calls like these than I had, but any are too many. I do have a caller ID so if I get calls saying they are from a state I don't know anyone in and it doesn't say the caller's name I seldom answer them. Chances are they want to sell me something or want me to do surveys or make donations to some bogus charity. Scam artist are getting smarter.

They're getting bolder, at any rate. I hear that the most flagrant ones are based overseas where State attorneys general can't get to them, and they use false caller IDs to conceal their locations. There ought to be a technical solution for that.

5. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about this subject after receiving an abundance of calls. One solicitor.called about ten times a day. We purchased new phones, and a new answering machine and then started to use call block to reduce the number of calls. Now, of course, we get calls galore from Washington soliciting money for election campaigns. it is out of control. One young man says he lets all his calls go to voicemail and never answers either his home phone or cell phone. That might be difficult for calls from family or friends.

Oh, yes, campaign seasons are the worst, aren't they? Not just for intrusive, unwanted telephone calls, but in every other way the &^%$ pols use to bombard us with demands for money, push polls, and sales pitches.

working