Not receiving emails from HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

I’m wondering if emails from HubPages are being lost. I confirmed that I have all notification settings set to “Always” for “Instant Email” and “Allow HubPages to contact you” is enabled.

1. Whenever I get a new follower I don’t get the email notification as I used to in the past. Just got one today, but no notification. Just noticed the counter increase.

2. I stopped getting the weekly newsletter from HubPages a long time ago.

3. Most concerning — Since a month ago, I see a “HubPro editing notice” at the top of my stats page saying I will be contacted by the editor via email, but I never received an email about it and I don’t know which hub will be edited.

4. I wrote to editors@hubpages.com about the HubPro editing notice, as suggested, but have not received a reply in over a week.

I checked my spam folder and nothing is there from HubPages.

Any ideas?

1. RonElFran profile image95
      RonElFranposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Glenn, I'm getting emails in all the categories you mention, so it's not a general problem. I wonder if resetting your email address back to what it is would help.

Glenn Stokposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ron, but I never changed my email. Still the same one for nine years.

2. chef-de-jour profile image94
      chef-de-jourposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Everything is business as usual for emails at my end. Must be something you've overlooked Glenn or maybe there's a glitch? Keep us up to date svp.

2. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

I'm not getting them either. I was and then they stopped. Then HP activated them again, but they stopped after a couple of weeks.

1. samanthacubbison profile image84
      samanthacubbisonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@glennstok @theraggededge, I tinkered around a bit and I think I solved the problem. Let me know if you still aren't getting emails!

Thanks Samantha. I won’t know until someone sends me an email. Sure would like to know what you found.

Could you do me a favor and check if the HubPro editor sent me anything yet? I wouldn’t want to miss that. Also, my last hub was never moved to a niche site. It’s the only one, and I’m wondering if they sent me anything on that too.

EDIT: just got emails with notification of forum posts. That’s a start in the right direction. smile

Hi Glenn,

Looks like the last HubPro editor email was sent on 06/28. Is that helpful?

And if you mean the article on 06/25, it looks like something you wrote that was very similar has already been published on the site. I would suggest trying to differentiate between the two by writing about the topic from a different angle (maybe a how-to?)

Thanks Samantha. I never got that email sent on 6/28.  Can they resend it? 

Thanks for the explanation of the hub. I’ll work on changing it to have a different angle as you suggested.  I never got that email either. Hope that’s also been fixed so emails from staff get through to me now.

Unfortunately, I can't see what article it was for exactly . . . But it looks like it could have been either a minimal or site decision. Maybe check your articles for the publication date? Sorry I can't be of more help!

The email thing happens sometimes (no idea why), so just let me know if it happens again!

It must be the hub published on 08/11/12. I wrote the recent one about the same topic because that prior one was doing so well. So I wanted to expand on it from a different angle in a new hub in hopes it would do well too. But what you’re saying is that it is too similar. So I guess I need to change it in some way. I do wish you can find the lost emails as I am in the dark with whatever the editors were sending me.

2. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They're back! Thanks, Samantha.

Bev, Not all emails are getting through. Evidently HubPro Premium communications are not being sent.

If this is happening to others, I can understand why we see some people complaining about unexpected massive edits.

3. Glenn Stok profile image95

Samantha, It doesn’t seem to be totally fixed.

I received emails from a couple of staff people about other things, but emails from editors@hubpages.com are still not coming through.

This is, of course, assuming they responded to my request to resend the email telling my which hub they plan to edit for HubPro Premium. You told me they sent it on 6/28. That’s when your server still had the bug. So I still have no idea what HubPro Premium plans to do or what they need from me.

I asked around, looks like an editor just snipped a few photos. I don't see anything in regards to a premium!

There may be an issue with certain email addresses. (Just a guess, because if we the way we normally "fix" email bounces doesn't "stick," the issue could be on the user's end.) Regardless, I've submitted the report to our team and I'll update you as soon as I hear something.

That's weird! At the top of my stats page is the following message:

You have been selected for HubPro Premium!

You have one or more articles in the queue to be edited with HubPro Premium: a free professional editing service offered by the HubPages Network. Your editor will contact you shortly describing the process in more detail.

Feel free to email us at editors@hubpages.com with any questions, and we look forward to working with you!

That message was there for over three weeks. When I email them, I never get a reply.

You mentioned the other day that they replied on 6/28. I guess we are confusing that with the other thing. I know about the snips. Those emails got through to me. They come from team@hubpsges.com - but emails from editors@hubpages.com never get through, assuming they are replying.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, there is one article in the queue, but no action is required on your end. Thanks for being so on top of it, though!

(I revised my last message after talking with the engineering team, if you didn't see.) We'll try to figure this out as quick as possible, but in the meantime, I'll just let you know if there is any movement on that.

Okay, thanks. But why don't they tell me which hub it is. I am constantly updating older hubs and I don't want to mess up what they might be intending to work on.

I didn't see any revised message from you. I assume you are referring to this issue with emails from editors not going out? Is that right?

Yes, that one.

The email does say which hub it is, I just didn't want to disclose that information on a public forum to respect privacy and whatnot.

I appreciate that. How about you just tell me the date of publication. No one else can match that to the hub.

3. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 4 years ago

I have been getting email notifications as usual. If you haven't, that's odd if you haven't done anything different. I use my gmail address for HubPages communication and an email client (can't stand the fussiness of webmail with all its different types of inboxes and filters). I discovered recently that Google were filtering out what it thought was spam, so I was losing mail in the cloud and it never downloaded to my machine.

1. Tim Truzy info4u profile image95
      Tim Truzy info4uposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. I'm glad to read this. However, I've tried to contact editors regarding and article and have received no reply in two weeks. This is strange because usually they respond quickly. My notifications are still coming in though.

4. Glenn Stok profile image95

Thank you everyone for your input. I have a feeling my webhost service is blocking spam on their end and not coming to my computer at all. I’ll have to check with them.

5. poppyr profile image93
    poppyrposted 4 years ago

Check your profile settings that the correct email is entered. Check your spam folder. If neither of these work, contact HP again.

I confirmed all that as I mentioned earlier, poppy. But we are passed all that anyway since Samantha found a problem on HubPages’ side that kept certain emails from going out from their server. Not sure what she found though. Now the problem is getting important communication to be sent again.

I’m beginning to understand why I see some Hubbers complaining about editing changes made without notice. I guess they were not getting emails from editors and other staff either.

1. poppyr profile image93
        poppyrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Glenn, I didn't check the other comments before posting mine. Glad to hear it's being sorted out.

6. Tim Truzy info4u profile image95
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 4 years ago

Groovy!!!

7. Tim Truzy info4u profile image95
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 4 years ago

Excellent, Samantha because i was beginning to think your editors were not listening. Maybe it's just a glitch-fixable hopefully.

8. Glenn Stok profile image95

Samantha, Are you still trying to find out why those dates are wrong? I haven’t heard from you per my last reply above.

Hi Glenn, I thought we came to the conclusion that the 6/28 snip is different from the HubPro edit notification from around the same date?

By the way, the meeting in which they discuss these issues has not taken place yet. I've told the editor in charge of that site to let me know if your article's edit is started, but so far there is nothing to report.

Samantha, The 6/28 snip was settled a long time ago. That is not an issue. The snip was for a clip art. I added another image that meets with the standards and I have also been removing clip art myself when I find them. All of that is a non issue.

The problems that remain are the two issues caused by the emails getting lost due to the bug that you and Matt fixed once I reported it. I still never found out what was in those emails.

One issue was about a hub that was not accepted to a niche site. You were kind enough to tell me why. You even were so nice to give me a suggestion, and I fixed it. Unfortunately that was after I submitted it. So now the editor (Raneem) claims I have to wait two months. I'm upset about that, since I was screwed by the server bug. 

The other issue is that I still don't know which hubs are selected for the Premium edits. You told me two of them but they are not mine!!! See your comment above. I responded last week telling you that those are not mine. Can you please tell me which two hubs the editor plans to work on? I understand that information was in the email that never got sent.

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, it's only one article. If you don't mind me sharing here, I can. Otherwise, please email the team for specifics. You may be confused by the dates because I disclosed when it was put on a network site, but it was originally "featured" 6 years ago. I assure you that the article is yours.

Oh, I was confused because you listed two dates. I have no reference to the dates hubs were moved. That’s not shown anywhere on the stats. So go ahead and tell me the title. I’m okay with that being shown here. Thanks.

Can Love and Lust Coexist in a Relationship?

Thanks Samantha. I understand it hasn’t been scheduled yet. Will I receive an email when they begin the editing?

Yes, and like I said, if the email thing is not sorted before that, I will let you know of any changes here!

Thanks. Some emails from editors@ are coming through now, but I’m still not sure all are getting through since I didn’t receive a reply from Raneem on the other issue. The issue about my latest hub not being accepted because I didn’t receive the email.

I hope that gets worked out soon. Yes, please do post here any updates in case emails still are not working. Thanks again, and have a good day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)