jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think smart phones are too big? Would this put you off buying one?

1. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 5 years ago

Do you think smart phones are too big? Would this put you off buying one?

2. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Yes I think that they are a little bit on the big side, and the words on the screen are too small & hard to read.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I was just given an iPhone 4 as a gift after a year of using a Samsung Focus, and the iPhone is noticeably smaller. I miss my great big screen! If I actually had a tablet (I want the Kindle Fire), I probably wouldn't care how big the screen on my phone was. Maybe I should have a chat with Santa!

4. safiq ali patel profile image72
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

Hi Eugbug. Thank you for this question. Yes I do think that some smart phones are a little oversize especially when compared to the first generation of mobile phones which used to fit into the palm of my hand.

5. Aikonia profile image84
    Aikoniaposted 5 years ago

I currently use the Galaxy Note 2 and at first thought it would be a monster to use but I've always gone by the old adage of "Don't knock it. till you've tried it!" so I'm trying it. I have used iPhones from the original to the 4S, all the Nokia versions, Motorola Razr Android, Windows Phone 8 etc. etc. ok, it's my day job to test/use them.

I think it boils done to What you're using/needing the smartphone for? If it's making calls, surfing the net, updating Twitter. FB. Pinterest etc. iPhone sized screen size is great and does the job. Now if you're using the smartphone as a business tool and replacing your laptop or tablet - uhm...you may have to try a bigger screen. For my work using the Galaxy Note 2 with a 5.5in. display has been a revelation for answering emails, checking document attachments, and reading and annotating PDF files. All much to my surprise. This "PHABLET" - phone + tablet - device has surprised me in proving so much more utility far out weighing it's larger size that it's a keeper!!

So again, it goes to the question of your "needs"? I now do not carry my laptop and can successfully manage all my emails and editing documents on this device when travelling.