jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Ipad, Tablet, whatever else?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Ipad, Tablet, whatever else?

What's the appeal? I already have a computer  -  a desk top and a lap top - and I have an iphone. What is the appeal for an iPad or Tablet or any other variant?

2. FaithDream profile image82
    FaithDreamposted 5 years ago

I love my kindle fire. I can take it wherever I go, its lightweight & I can read, search the web,  and use various apps on it.  Since I love to read, my kindle is a source of joy. I can store lots of books, & do research on it too.  I would  definitely recommend the kindle fire to anyone.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't use a fancy cell phone because of the data and fancy phone charges.  But the iPad can do the duty of a basic laptop and then you can stick it in your purse or briefcase.

When I was working in the office alone, I would put a movie or TV show on my iPad and watch while working. 

I would say if one has an iPhone the iPad would be redundant unless you use the iPad for writing.  The iPhone is a little small for comfort with regard to writing unless it has a Dragon Speak app so you can dictate text.

4. profile image0
    minababeposted 5 years ago

Here is why I find tablets appealing:

1. They're a lot more multi-functional and handier for everyday tasks than computers, believe it or not. I have a mini tablet that acts as an aggregator, camera, ebook reader, video recorder, PDA, music walkman, price checker, etc.

2. Great for keeping yourself occupied at the doctor's office or some other miserable place in an inconspicuous way.

3. The apps. There are some amazing apps that you can't use on a computer or laptop.

4. The internet is just easier to interact with and more fun to read on a tablet.

working