jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Best platform for sharing old family videos privately among family and friends?

1. Johnny Parker profile image84
    Johnny Parkerposted 5 years ago

Best platform for sharing old family videos privately among family and friends?

I have recently digitised my old family videos and now have about 40 videos that I would like to share with family and friends online.
    I have a YouTube account for odds and sods and a Vimeo account for my serious films but there has been a lot of controversy lately about sites like Facebook and Instagram having terms and conditions that mean they can do what they like with your content.
    There is a lot of stuff with the kids when they were little and I wouldn't want the wrong kind of people being able to hack into them.

2. dailytop10 profile image93
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

Don't upload them on the internet. Use file sharing apps like Dropbox.

Johnny Parkerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks but am looking for something where I can share a link. Dropbox is good but needs a bit of tech savvy I think.

2. Silwen profile image81
      Silwenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually you can share a link using Dropbox. It is quite easy to use. There are difficulties, if you want to share a folder, but you can share files easily. The Dropbox application is quite easy to use.

3. Johnny Parker profile image84

Yeh I'm just getting to grips with Dropbox it's looking good

3. technoholik profile image56
    technoholikposted 5 years ago

Just upload them on Facebook or Google plus and put privacy. That is the best and safest way to share that video with your family.

Thanks for that but can you give them a link if they are not members or selectively let one see a particular video but not another?

2. technoholik profile image56
      technoholikposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is not possible on social networking sites but you can do one thing , go to picasaweb.google.com and log in using your google account and upload the videos there. You will get a link to that video , share that link with ppl you wish smile.

3. Johnny Parker profile image84

OK cheers that sounds good!

working