jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Are we allowed to use videos from online sources in our hubs? I see it done all

1. Bake Like a Pro profile image76
    Bake Like a Proposted 5 years ago

Are we allowed to use videos from online sources in our hubs? I see it done all the time!!!

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Yes - YouTube is the site generally used for this, because HubPages feels the copyright issues have already been addressed by whomever posted the video to YouTube.  Beyond that, you may need to get permission to use a video from the owner or site.

The site also encourages creating original videos and using those in your hubs.  I haven't mastered that yet, but I hope to one day!

Bake Like a Proposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marcy. I used the YouTube video in one hub not too long ago and it was marked duplicate for content. I never bothered to see why.

3. tstgroup profile image71
    tstgroupposted 5 years ago

YouTube videos are allowed. Important thing is that it does not allow any water marked videos. If you add any water marked videos it says duplicate content.

Bake Like a Proposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you tstgroup. I should check the hub that got the duplicate warning and see if that was the case. Sometimes those watermarks are so hard to see.

4. LauraD093 profile image83
    LauraD093posted 5 years ago

Good question. I have used you-tube quite frequently and have never had a problem tstgroup has a good point as with photographs the watermark is a great indicator you need to have copy-write premission.

working