jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is it alright to use Youtube videos on hubs? Legal on HubPages?

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image88
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

Is it alright to use Youtube videos on hubs?  Legal on HubPages?

If Yes, then please guide me on how to upload  Youtube videos onto hubs?  Would appreciate your reply anytime. Thank you.

2. sam209 profile image80
    sam209posted 6 years ago

go to youtube. find the video you want to use. click the button under the video that says share. copy and paste. you then go to your hub and hit edit and select video under add more capsules. hit the edit button in video then paste your youtube link where it says video url or embed code.

1. Melinda Longoria profile image80
      Melinda Longoriaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! This was so helpful. smile

2. Melinda Longoria profile image80
      Melinda Longoriaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

By the way, I noticed if you create a video, as opposed to a recipe, it makes you upload one. But I read somewhere that uploading a video gives it priority over a recipe. I'd much rather embed my YouTube video so that it drives traffic there too...?

3. Peggy W profile image91
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Hi iswaryaa22,

I see that sam209 already answered your question.  Good luck with finding good youtube videos to insert into your hubs.  That can take you on quite a journey of discovery and then picking the best ones to insert into your hubs is a decision that you have to make.

1. profile image56
      Nutankumarisinhaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am concerned about the problem of copyright infringement if i use other's youtube video on hub. Kindly guide me.

4. jtrader profile image17
    jtraderposted 4 years ago

Yes it is. Videos make your content more engaging. in fact, you will notice that in the current format, you are actually encouraged to use relevant videos from YouTube in your hubs.

working