What are your thoughts on Youtube, when it says, "Improve this video?"

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on Youtube, when it says, "Improve this video?"

Not being a professional videographer ,but wanting to take videos, what are your thoughts on the loss of image quality for your videos when you are uploading videos to Youtube for your hubs?  It seems to me, it does stabilize your video some, but it seems to be more blurry as well.  Depending on how badly the video is being recorded, sometimes you can get almost a headache without the stablization too.  Any thoughts on stablization vs image/quality loss?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

I had the same experience.  Fortunately, one or two vid uploads later, the site gave me an option to have their well intentioned advisor shut the heck up for all time.  I clicked on that and haven't been bothered since.

The one I'd let them try (before cancelling the "stabilization" and going back to the original) was only "shaky" becauseI was squatting on my haunches, taking handheld movie footage of coyotes on the move...AND had no clue what I was doing, as the camcorder was brand new to me at the time.  The so-called improvement flat-out ruined that one (until I reveresed it), so, never again!