jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What's your opinion on Kindle Fire?

1. Diane Van Hook profile image74
    Diane Van Hookposted 5 years ago

What's your opinion on Kindle Fire?

One of my friends has one, and I'm a bit of a tech geek, and want some feedback on the product before I go and buy it.

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I love my Kindle. Pandora when desired, new books at the lightest touch, and I actually get to see the covers this time. It's like a tablet that I take everywhere. You can get on the web and spend some time hubbing while at Starbucks. But mostly, it's used for books.

Diane Van Hookposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That would happen with me, for both my smart phone and laptop, for the most part they're used for reading.

I'm also a big fan of Pandora radio, and I would use it more if it weren't for the signal strength in some of the areas I drive through.

2. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completely understand. There are times I hate Pandora, but the music makes suffering worth it.

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

I love my Kindle Fire but recently I've been having problems with "restart browser" or something. I don't know how to fix it. I did try but I'm dense when it comes to tech stuff. It happens when I go to the topics page and try to move through the hub categories.
    I also can't edit text capsules on hubs, only titles and summaries. Also can't send fanmail from Kindle Fire.

Diane Van Hookposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have a friend more tech savvy than look at it.  Then again it could be that there are components for the sight that aren't compatible with the system.

Still, thank you for the bringing up this possible problem, that way I can come at this eyes open.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image96
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I've had mine for a couple of months now and I honestly use it more than my laptop anymore. I have the 7" HD, and I use it for web browsing, reading Kindle books, playing games, listening to music and watching movies on NetFlix. I've actually read more books in the two months since I've had it than I did in the whole last year. My only issues are that I use it so much that I'm constantly having to plug it in and that the camera is forward facing only.

Janshares is correct that there are some website compatability issues - KIndle Fire has problems with some flash plugins and, like she said, editing Hubs is a no-go, but I find those issues to be pretty minor when weighed against the benefits of the device.

Diane Van Hookposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's the same one my friend has, but I'm pretty sure she's not on hubpages, and more than likely I would be doing all my editing from my laptop, anyways.  I don't see myself doing a lot of writing on it, even if you buy the Bluetooth keyboard.

working