jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where do you recycle computer parts like monitors etc?

1. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

Where do you recycle computer parts like monitors etc?

I have a couple of old towers and a monitor I want to recycle, but I am not sure who offers those kind of services? Any advice?

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I took 2 old CRT monitors to Staples yesterday for recycling.

3. joanwz profile image74
    joanwzposted 4 years ago

I don't know about where you live, but here in Houston, there are a few computer recycling centers. One is sponsored by the City of Houston. One of the TV stations also does an e-cycling day where they collect electronicsfrom viewers who bring them by, all of which are taken care of. Look around for an e-cycling center or e-cycling program near where you live.

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

My area has a permanent recycler of electronic parts, and several times a year they have pick-up locations that are convenient like parking lots of public buildings or churches. These not only take computers and computer accessories, but old TVs, VCRs, CD players, etc. I've taken several old monitors, CPUs, and even a TV and a big CD changer, and they have workers who will unload them for the donor. Call your mayor's office or city manager's office, and they can probably advise you of any reclycling centers or pick up services.