Is it possible to count the number of people going to an external website?

1. NC4Life078 profile image86
    NC4Life078posted 4 years ago

Is it possible to count the number of people going to an external website?

I'm trying to figure out how many people followed a specific link from one of my Hubs. With Google Analytics I can see "Drop off traffic" but now where that traffic is going.

2. brianrock profile image86
    brianrockposted 4 years ago

By default, Google Analytics isn't going to tell you what the user clicked on to leave.

If you're interested in tracking clicks in Google Analytics, you can use Event Tracking or Virtual Pageviews. I've never used either, to be honest, but the way it works is you add a bit of javascript to the URL. When the user clicks on the link, that onClick() javascript snippet tells Google Analytics to track the action. Try Googling either "Google Analytics Event Tracking" or "Google Analytics Virtual Pageviews" for a full walkthrough.

A simpler method is to use a link shortener that also tracks clicks. Both bit.ly and goo.gl (two popular link shorteners) will track the number of times a link is clicked. Use one of these services to shorten the actual link you want people to go to, and you can then track the clicks.

3. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

You can us a link tracker. If you are only interested with the number of people that would follow a specific link.

working