What are the #hash tags?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

What are the #hash tags?

I understand they're used to tag things on twitter, but why do people use it everywhere else if they don't have a purpose? Or do they?

2. KDeus profile image95
    KDeusposted 4 years ago

While hash tags took off with the use of Twitter to better classify certain things, I've seen people make up silly hash tags just for the sake of making them up on places such as Facebook or even in general writing, such as #therearesomereallyridiculoushashtags, just to be funny.

In other social networks, such as Pinterest, hash tags also help group pins, but not quite as neatly as Twitter. I think in the future, Pinterest will improve upon their use of hash tags - they already have some what, but I think it will get better.

I'd definitely recommend learning how to use them effectively since I think that will be an even bigger way to tag things in the future.

3. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

It's a trend, since Twitter is cool and in now. Kinda like they used "Like" or the Facebook thumbs-up for lots of publicity stuff lately, or how they used to turn everything into a web or e-mail address back in the late 90s, early 00s.

working